- This extension requires registration to download.
- Nice, Clean, Responsive Layout.
- Nested categories
- Herachical folder structure : Unlike other files download extension using just one folder to store all files, EDocman allows you to put your files in a herachical folder structure (the folder structure is based on the categories structure which you setup - each category will have it's own folder to store files as state above).
- Multilingual support: If your site is multilingual, when you create categories, documents, you can assign them to a language. And when users browse categories, documents from front-end, only categories and documents assigned to that language (or all languages) will be displayed.
- Documents management : EDocman allows you to create documents and then your site users (public or registered users) can browse and download these documents from front-end.
- Front-end documents uploading / management .
- Local / remote files support : Your documents can be stored on your local server or on a remove server. In case your documents are stored on a remote server, you will just need to enter url of the document when creating new document.
- Powerful and Flexible permission system:
+ Using Powerful Joomla 1.6, Joomla 1.7, Joomla 2.5 ACL feature.
+ Permission can be setup in Component Level , Category Level or Document Level.
+ Permission can be inherited in the following structure Component Level >> Category Level >> Sub Categories >> Documents.
+ You can even only give one or several users to access to a category or document by entering ID of these users into User IDs field when creating category/document.
- Indexer plugin allows indexing PDF and Word documents and make it searchable based on content of these documents.
- RSS integration
- Tags support
- Security : All your documents are protected and users cannot download them even they know the direct link to the document.
- Search module allows searching documents based on keyword and category.
Ecocman is that extension.
It has brought order and simplicity to the end users and made my life simple as well.
Tuan has done a good job on documenting the product and where my feeble mind didn't wrap all the way around how to get something to work, he immediately jumped in and fixed the problem. Best of all, user suggestions are not brushed off since he realizes that end user requests point the way to developing killer capabilities.
Recommend it highly.
Tuan, the guy in charge, is very helpful and will answer any support ticket in 24-48 hrs.
Even with basic understanding of Joomla this component is very simple to use. For us, as "old" docman users, this component can surely be compared with it !
Keep up the good work Joomdonation !
I found some small and some bigger bugs during my test period.
Also i had some special requirements where i came to my end of php skills.
In situations like this i added a support ticket and as far as i saw there is only one person behind Joomdonation. That means that you have to wait a bit, answers wont come in 5 minutes but in 1-2 days which is ok. The solution was very comfortable, i explained the problem, forwared ftp access and after some days the problem was fixed.
Edocument was the only solution for me which offered a very nice, easy to handle permission system. Now i am able to offer every customer specific files, stand alone from other customers. The system is very easy to handle so that also unskilled colleagues are able to handle it. For that its necessary that they have access with a lower permission to assign docs to specific users.
Excepting this point, extension is working now since 2 month without any problems, I would recommend if you have little time to spend on it.
They offered to make all the migration between document management extensions by entering in source and destination server, and had the job done in 24 hours.
Very recommended extension and really superb support!
Than I had a compatibility problem with a popular social Joomla extension and not able to make eDocman work properly.
To be honest, I don't know why there is compatibility issue between EDocman and the extension you mentioned because they are two independent extensions. Shouldn't you contact us for support before writing the review? Could you please go to http://joomdonation.com/support-tickets.html, submit a support ticket so that I can help you to check and solve the problem right away?
Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.
This component works perfectly.... I love it, and the support keeps me coming back to them for more extensions.
I have had a few "issues", but the support was there for me almost immediately, and the "issues", in fact turned out to be MY misunderstanding, and not a real issue at all.
Nevertheless, Tuan and the support crew got me going immediately.
Gee..... that sort of support is worth more than the extension itself!
Please dont stop doing what you are doing guys!
I had a slight problem with permissions (was having a Homer Simpson moment) and Tuan answered my question immediately. Get it - it works!
The CSS allowed some quick tweaks to blend it into my sites well.
It was easy to configure a downloads folder outside of the sites root, to enable the same download files across multiple sites (which was vital in my case).
Overall, this extension is definitely worth the fee! I'll be looking at JoomDonation for future extensions.
I have also used a few other pieces of software from JoomDonation and I now always check to see if they have the software that I need for my current projects. Everything that I have used works exactly as I have needed it to.
The support has also been very fast and effective. The have gone the extra mile to make sure that their product is working right on my site.
Overall: Excellent, Highly Recommended
This extension works very well and is easy to install. The developer answers questions quickly through the forum on his website.
I like that this extension saved me a lot of time I would have wasted troubleshooting a "free" extension, as I have done in the past.