With SEO glossary you can create multilingual dictionary, glossary, glossary of abbreviations, and much more....
- Create some inner links automatically
- Glossary term is inserted your URL to enhance your website SEO (using joomla native URL optimization)
- K2, Zoo (pages & blog), Redshop, Hikashop compatible
- Ability to disable SEO glossary in one or many Joomla articles
- Ability to choose how many times your term will be linked to his definition per article
- Ability to just show tooltips definition, not links to glossary
- Create unlimited glossaries
- Add custom alphabets for each glossary (ie categories of definition)
- Right after installing the glossary fit to your template (not necessary to change css style)
- The tooltip can be manage with a pickup color (no css used)
- HTML display possible in tooltips
- All element in the glossary view can be customized with parameters (search display, number of terms...)
- The component is translated in English, Dutch, Spanish, French, Sweden, Netherlands
- A definition can be linked with others definitions
- Everything is managed from the component (easy to use)
- Use the native joomla multilingual
- Cut your definition in tooltips with a "Read more..."
- Use the Joomla ACL to submit terms definitions from the frontend
- Advanced features to use the non latin characters
- Tested and compatible with Yootheme, Joomlart and rockettheme products
This glossary was the perfect choise, you have only to define a category and define some words with a description and the plugin will mark every defined word in the whole joomla content automatically.
Sadly i had some problems, the reason may be the server version or other installed plugins which produced a conflict.
But the support was awesome they programmed in less a week a new version specially for my settings now everything is fine.
The Plugin doesn't work at the beginning on our site but the support helped within a few hours with an update. Stunning!
Great work guys!
I created two glossaries (one for German and one for English) and created in both the same term (Joomla) to test things.
I added an English description to the term Joomla for the English glossary and a German descriotpn for th term to the German glossary.
Saved my stuff and when to the front-end to chek if it works.
It really does and looks good.
But in both versions of the article (English and German) the English description of the Term "Joomla" will appear.
The extension does exactly what I need for my site with thousands of definitions. When I had a problem and asked for support, they sent in the army! Their support is fast and result-oriented! A second small problem, needing a little CSS help, was taken just as seriously and fixed right away. I could not recommend this extension and developer more highly. I know that if I need support, it will be there faster than I can respond, and the extension is superior. Thanks to JoomUnited.com for SEO Glossary.
Advantages: user-friendly interface, integration with articles Joomla, ability to create multiple glossaries and multiple alphabets, built-in glossary search and integration with Joomla site search, ability to add terms from the front of the site, tooltips style settings.
Disadvantages: no SEF support for non-English alphabets.
Support - at a high level. Promptly and accurately.
Before buying a component I get acquainted with all the available glossary components. I think that at the moment this is the best extension for creating multi-language glossaries for Joomla 2.5 - 3.0
Engaged in web technologies since March 2007. Use Joomla since December 2009.
In the backend there are some options for styling of the tooltips that don't seem to have an effect. Many options are marked "beta". But as far as I tested the extension, it works well and I found it easy to use.
I've tried several free components, all of which failed miserably (most of the time they had compatibility issues with my template). In the end I've decide to spend few dollars and buy the SEO Glossary component (hoping that all the compatibility issues will be solved by the developers as a part of the support service).
To my surprise, there was no need to solve any compatibility issues, because this extension adapted to the layout/design of my website from the very beginning. That was the first positive sign to me. The second positive sign happened when I had realized how many possibilities does this extension offer (believe me or not, not all of them are covered in the description, because otherwise it would be toooo long).
As a matter of fact, I had a few issues, that were resolved in a very timely and extremely professional manner by the developers themselves. I would highly recommend this extension and JoomUnited in general! High-quality extension and Great support is a perfect recipe for a satisfied customer :)
+ excellent support and fast communication incl. Ticket System.
+ helpful and professional response from the developer.
+ results are in a good page layout and html validated.
+ comes with content & search plugin.
+ allows html code in term description, can be stripped from tooltips – was for me extremely helpful because of migrating from other Glossary.
+ works good with Joomla core SEF.
- Doesn't make coffee... :/
I have installed the SeoGlossary one month ago. It's easy to install and good features. It does not have multi-language support but you can very easily convert the language file to your language. It worked fine with me.
The support is also good. Specail thanks to Tristian. They also have a good ticketing system where you can follow-up the tickets, do not need to handle over e-mails.
This was what I need and I got it!
Very easy to deployement and no error message.
I am using it since one week and i am using joomla since one year now.
The support was very fast and efficient. With the answer i could do exactly what i wish and the second part is for a future update.
Thanks to the joomlaunited team, and specialy Tristan for his feedback.