With SEO glossary you can create multilingual dictionary, glossary, glossary of abbreviations, and much more.
Video demo available here: http://www.joomunited.com/products/seo-glossary
** Main features **
- Display definition in jQuery tooltip, in dedicated page or in component view
- Create some inner links with semantic content automatically
- Glossary term is inserted in URL to enhance your website SEO (using joomla native URL optimization)
- 2 additional responsive themes available in the package
- Dedicated search engine and Joomla search plugin
- K2, Zoo (pages & blog), Redshop, Hikashop, Flexicontent and all extension calling content plugin compatible
- Ability to disable SEO Glossary in specific Joomla articles
- Ability to choose how many times your term will be linked to his definition per article
- Ability to use only tooltip for definitions, without any links to glossary
- Ability to globally disable tooltips
- Add synonyms in tooltips
- A definition can be linked with others definitions
- Menu option to show one or all glossaries
- Create unlimited glossaries
- Add custom alphabets for each glossary (ie categories of definition)
- Visually customization available for tooltips (not necessary to change css style)
- The tooltip can be manage with a pickup color (no css used)
- HTML output in tooltips
- Cut your definition in tooltips with a "Read more..."
- Share on social networks buttons
- Disqus integration
- All element in the glossary view can be shown/hide with parameters (search display, number of terms, glossary list, pagination...)
- The component is translated in English, Dutch, Spanish, French, Sweden, German
- Everything is managed from the component (easy to use)
- Use the native Joomla multilingual system
- Use the Joomla ACL to submit terms definitions from the frontend
- Advanced features to use the non latin characters
- SEO Joomla extension compatible
- Tested and compatible with Yootheme, Joomlart and rockettheme products
One possible improvement would be to make it so that the glossary entires don't add tooltips/links to themselves within their description.
Should you have contacted us on our support service, we would have been able to provide you with some assistance and above all not using our extension without any subscription or a pirated version (averred).
BTW, creating a glossary containing 60,000 definitions is possible with SEO Glossary but involves some configuration. You would probably need to forget about the Tooltip feature, unless you have a very powerful web server: for each article, SEO Glossary proceeds to look if any of the words of the glossary is or is not in the article. In your case it has to review 60,000 words for each article. As you can imagine that takes time; which means for the task to complete before the server gives up you need some really fast computing to happen that only an amazingly powerful (and expensive) server could do. Have you ever tied to load 60000 articles on the same Joomla page?
Should you have contacted us, we could have refunded you your purchase if you found it did not fit your needs.
The JoomUnited Team.
SEO Glossary does that and much more. I can edit the tooltip exactly as a normal post (ie insert images and hyperlinks).
This means that I can insert a "read more" link into the tooltip to the original article of my website.
And this is so easy:
1. Create a Glossary
2. Select Glossary
3. Enter term
4. In the HTML editor you can edit your text (image, hyperlink, etc.)
SEO Glossary is now marking every article in which the term occurs, as a tooltip with a link to the original post.
It is very good, that always only the first term in an article is marked as a tooltip.
So everything looks still pretty clear.
Furthermore, I can take any glossary in a menu. That feature saves me a "cookbook".
SEO Glossary has a very good documentation in PDF format. Apart from that, SEO Glossary is very intuitive and easy to use, so you might not need the documentation ;-).
All in all I'm very excited about SEO Glossary. Nevertheless, I have a feature request:
The tooltips I,ve created appearing in all articles, even on the original article. Would be nice if I could select the articles in which the tooltip should appear. Because I don’t need a tooltip in the original article.
Hi, Thanks for your feedback but the alphabet doesn't make any duplicate URL, content or meta of course. It's like if you're using different menu pointing on the same content.
Plus you can force meta using menu parameter.
You enter your term into a glossary and provide a description (that's shown in the tooltip) and optionally an extended description (only shown on the glossary page). You can use html in your entries. A content plugin takes care of automatically highlighting those terms in your article.
What I found useful is that you can specify tags, (e.g, h1, h2) where you don't want a definition highlighting. It matches glossary entries very well. If your glossary entry is singular but in your article you add an 's' to make it plural, you'll still get a match. You can also use a plugin tag to disable the feature on certain articles or intro texts.
If you're buying the component - pay for the support, it's worth it. I had a couple of issues (that required bug fixes) and the developer was great in responding to and resolving my problems. Couldn't ask for more.
Thanks for your feedback. The extension is tested with the most famous template provider including Joomlart and it works of course.
Just disable compression and everything will be back to normal! or just drop us a ticket ;)
This glossary was the perfect choise, you have only to define a category and define some words with a description and the plugin will mark every defined word in the whole joomla content automatically.
Sadly i had some problems, the reason may be the server version or other installed plugins which produced a conflict.
But the support was awesome they programmed in less a week a new version specially for my settings now everything is fine.
The Plugin doesn't work at the beginning on our site but the support helped within a few hours with an update. Stunning!
Great work guys!
I created two glossaries (one for German and one for English) and created in both the same term (Joomla) to test things.
I added an English description to the term Joomla for the English glossary and a German descriotpn for th term to the German glossary.
Saved my stuff and when to the front-end to chek if it works.
It really does and looks good.
But in both versions of the article (English and German) the English description of the Term "Joomla" will appear.
Thanks for having reported.
The multilingual bug was fixed 1 day after it was flagged ;)
The extension does exactly what I need for my site with thousands of definitions. When I had a problem and asked for support, they sent in the army! Their support is fast and result-oriented! A second small problem, needing a little CSS help, was taken just as seriously and fixed right away. I could not recommend this extension and developer more highly. I know that if I need support, it will be there faster than I can respond, and the extension is superior. Thanks to JoomUnited.com for SEO Glossary.
Advantages: user-friendly interface, integration with articles Joomla, ability to create multiple glossaries and multiple alphabets, built-in glossary search and integration with Joomla site search, ability to add terms from the front of the site, tooltips style settings.
Disadvantages: no SEF support for non-English alphabets.
Support - at a high level. Promptly and accurately.
Before buying a component I get acquainted with all the available glossary components. I think that at the moment this is the best extension for creating multi-language glossaries for Joomla 2.5 - 3.0
Engaged in web technologies since March 2007. Use Joomla since December 2009.
In the backend there are some options for styling of the tooltips that don't seem to have an effect. Many options are marked "beta". But as far as I tested the extension, it works well and I found it easy to use.