- This extension requires registration to download.
- Advanced performance optimization
- Frontend edit and creation of terms.
- Highlighting of terms in Joomla articles and K2 items (with configurable allowed/disallowed categories) in article page and category articles listings, categories descriptions and custom HTML modules.
- Separating of term full title and abbreviation (only abbreviation is highlighted in content).
- Alphabet filtering of terms with ability to configure preferred letters, separate letters into lines and add spacing between letters. Missed alphabet letters can be auto-disabled.
- Search filter for tags with optional advanced search methods "Contains", "Begins with", "Exact" and "Sounds like".
- "Sounds like" search method can use combinations of Soundex, Metaphone and Daitch-Mokotoff (works with Cyrillic terms) phonetic algorithms.
- Bootstrap Tooltip or Bootstrap Popover types of tips for highlighting terms in content with configurable tip placement (top, bottom, left or right). Optional wrapping of highlighted term into a link to individual term page.
- Native Joomla permissions system for creating, editing, editing state and editing own terms.
Nested terms categories, optional frontend display of terms counts in category.
- Up to 5 configurable links for term, list of related links is displayed in individual term page.
- Related terms feature
- Next/Previous terms links in individual term page.
- Ability to configure list of HTML tags where terms won't be highlighted (essential feature for keeping your titles and links clean).
- Case-sensitive / case-insensitive term highlighting with global setting and individual term setting.
- Ability to highlight term only once in text with global setting and individual term setting.
- Option to auto-fill meta description of term page with term's definition text.
- Option to auto-add page terms to meta keywords of content item page.
Set-up is easy, but functionality is perfect! ...if you need, just do not await for something, for me does not exist better solution!
Apart from being a well written and coded component with features described in the documentation really working, the level of support goes beyond anything I have had before. Moreover, the folks at AlterBrains took the time to configure it to work with other components, and did so quickly. Our site has over 15 components from other vendors, and AlterBrains functions and integrates easily.
Layout and configuration flexibility for a great price! I asked if they could add Komento to the glossary, and they did it! If you are looking for a glossary, don’t hesitate. A big thank you to the AlterBrains team.