- This extension requires registration to download.
Note : In version 2.6.0, we just released 10 new payment plugins for Documents Seller. They are : Paypal Pro, Google Checkout, FirstData , Moneybookers, 2Checkout, Authorize.net SIM, Worldpay, Alertpay, DPS Px Pay, MIGS: MasterCard Internet Gateway Service (Australia).Now, Documents Seller supports total 13 different payment gateways .
How it works :
1. Customers go to your site, browse for documents and choose the documents which they want to purchase.
2. Customer fill in order form, pay for the selected documents using one on of available payment gateway .
3. Administrator will received an email notification about the order .
4. Customers will receive an confirmation email about the order. In this email, they can get the purchased documents (sent as attachments if you enable this feature). They can also get the documents by clicking on the download links sent in this email (if you enable this feature) .
5. Customers can come back to your site later to download future versions of the purchased documents. Of course, you can limit this download by time or by number of downloads (see explanation below) .
6. Administrator can manage these orders from back-end .
1. Nested categories : DMS allows you to organize your documents cross infinite categories and subcategories.
2. Documents management : DMS allows you to upload documents, enter document description, setup price and download restrictions from back-end of your site. From version 2.5.7, a document can be assigned to multiple categories.
3. Flexible download restrictions : You can limit download by time or by number of download.
4. Multi-payment gateways support : Right now, DMS support Paypal, authorize.net, EWAY and Moneybooker payment gateways. We will continue working and adding more payment gateways to the extensions in the near future.
5. Allows you to collect user's information (first name, last name...) when they download your FREE document (this is configurable, mean you can turn this feature of) .
6. Offline payment support .
7. Orders management : You can manage orders from back-end, assign an order to a user, export orders into csv format to view it in MS office application .
8. Powerful tags system .
9: Powerful custom fields feature: With the custom fields feature, you can now ad
What problems I did have mainly of my own doing was solved quickly by Tuan via Skype. Support was above and beyond what was required for my $20 purchase.
Thanks for a great product.
He was quite slow to respond at first, but after just a couple of days of troubleshooting on my own, within about an hour spent on Skype in total, he got everything working for me.
Everything probably would have went faster if I had granted him access to my company's website, but I am unable to grant him permission to do so.
Great product, Great service.
But I suggested here one new feature that is adding multiple prices for one download product. This feature is missing except this everything is awesome...
Thanks to OS Solutions...
Once again very good extension. Highly recommended!
We've already made 8x what the component cost - which is why we bought the component in the first place so I'm very happy indeed.
I'm a bit of a tweaker and like to alter layouts etc, and when I've come across a problem - Tuan and the guys have helped me out the same day.
It was the most feature rich component for our document shop and it hasn't let us down...
On the bad side…there is a huge list. More important: ‘DOWNLOAD’ does NOT work properly. The first problem I had was that when the user downloads documents from ‘my account’ the link never expired. Twan fixed it within a week. Then it became apparent that if the user orders the same document for second time, all the previous links in my account became active again and never expired. After 10 days and several emails Twan send me a new version. This time it is the ‘checkout’ that does not work. I cannot make an order and in order to test the new function I have to reinstall the previous version, make the order, reinstall the new one and then check my account. In any case I CANNOT use it in my site.
Furthermore, there are several minor problems: in some pages, the text is not visible in some version of Internet Explorer (CSS problem). CSS are very inconsistent – some buttons are of the class ‘button’; others are not. As a result if you use the class ‘button’ of your template, only half of the buttons will change.
Also, you cannot test in PayPal sand box (Twan asked me to take his word that it works in PayPal – I was very willing to do it at the beginning but with the ‘download’ problem that is not fixed for almost 3 weeks, how can I?). Another problem I had at the beginning was that the date of the order was not recorder correctly.
I bought this program 50 days ago – I’ve lost almost two months and still I do not have a program where at least its main function works. I cannot imagine that (at least the versions emailed to me) were tested. The problems were extremely obviously and I discovered them within half an hour after I installed it. Since February I fell I offer free testing to Twan.
As for the service, I prefer not to comment. Twan sets the deadlines and then he says that he has a lot of works and asks for more time. He asked several times to have another extension and I did respect that he has a lot of work. Unfortunately he did NOT respect my own work and my time.
Summarising, my suggestion is to try any other program before you try this.
I had a single product to sell on my website & DMS was the perfect solution.
I definately recommend products from OSSoultions.
I tried another component that I won't name that had so many steps before checkout that most potential customers just gave up... choose file, sorry you must login, where is the login?, where is the product again?, check the cart, add to cart, fill in your details, go to checkout, pay, where is the download link? Phew, hard work!
With document seller your customers don't even need to login they just choose the file, fill in their details, pay then have several options to instantly download the file... easy!
As an added bonus, Tuan gives the best support I have ever experienced for a paid component.
Highly recommended and worth every cent!