- This extension requires registration to download.
You do not need multiple shipping methods for every Postcode - ZIP code area PLUS it works perfectly with Alpha/Numeric codes as in the UK and Canada.
Now fully upgraded for Virtuemart 3 and Joomla 3.x - backward compatible for VM2.6.x and Joomla 2.5
Installs as a native VirtueMart 3.0/2.0 Joomla 3.x/2.5 Shipping Plugin.
You can download the full instruction PDF here: http://www.gjcwebdesign.com/eximg/postcode_shipping/GJC_Postcode_Shipping_Virtuemart_3.pdf
Has been tested on: USA ZIP Codes, UK Postcodes, Canadian Postcodes, French Postcodes, German Postcodes (PLZ), Australian Postcodes
Works with all country Postcode - ZIP Code system. Simple config - a comma separated list in the text area.
The format is:
Each zone is on a new line.
A Canadian example would be:
Can be up to 4 digits as the postcode matching loops through 4 levels..
UK example for Central London Congestion Charge Area:(shortened but you get the idea)
Each Postcode Area in each Zone should be separated by an asterisk. The Postcode is checked in 4 steps to 4 digits so entries such as Y,Y1,Y1A and Y1A1 are valid.
BasePrice: Fixed fee - can be used in conjunction with the 'Up To Weight' condition setting an upper limit
PriceMultipier: a sum that is multiplied by the Sale price or Weight
Trigger: If the 'Trigger' is set to 'Trigger by Weight' and the weight is above this value then the PriceMultipier will be triggered.
If set and the 'Trigger' is set to 'Trigger by Price' and the Sale Price is above this figure then the PriceMultipier will be triggered.
PriceFree: If the Sale price is above this figure Shipping will be free
Default config section: Postcodes not found use the default values.
Install the Joomla 3.x/2.5 Plugin by using the standard Joomla installer.
Then enable the VM Postcode shipping plugin in the Joomla 3.x/2.5 Extensions->Plug-in manager.
Go to Virtuemart-->Shop->Shipment Methods and click 'New'.
Configure the various parameters.
* Jan 2013 v1.1 extended weight and cost functions
* Feb 2013 v1.2 extended cost functions
* April 2013 v1.3 prefail zip functions
* Sept 2013 v1.4 choose prefail zip/postcode functions
* Sept 2013 v1.5 added alpha/numeric switch functions
* Nov 2013 v1.6 added popup functions to not found
* Dec 2013 v1.7 US State Taxes fix removed - fixed in core VM2.0.26
* Aug 2014 v3.7.2 Fully upgraded for VM3/J3.x
Postcode matching extended
First class service and support!!
Thanks for a great product and experience
This is a great plugin and getting better
1) Anyone who has a fulfillment house for products being delivered that has a complicated shipping cost breakdown or procedure.
2) Anyone selling physical goods on their website.
3) Anyone who is shipping nationwide (I am in the states and this saved me many hours).
4) Anyone using VM2 who has more than one shipping option (FedEX, UPS, DHL, etc.)
5) Anyone using VirtueMart 2.
6) Anyone who loves having great support from developers who know their product inside and out and WILL respond to you in a timely manner!
The base shipping methods in VM2's core are fine if you only have one or two shipping requirements, but when you have over 1500+ based on actual postal zones and individual costs provided by the shipping providers, it is pretty much useless.
Luckily there is VM Postcode. Saved me so much work and calmed down a rather terrified client who did not like the idea of adjusting so many parameters when shipping costs fluctuate (which they do quite a bit)
A+ across the board on this one.
We were very impressed with his work in implementing our required features, clearly a very competent I.T expert and coder.
His communication was excellent throughout and he worked quickly and more than met our expectations and requirements.
We would definitely recommend not only the plugin, but the company he works for. In all likelihood we will be contacting him again to help us with non postcode related coding issues.
This extension allows you to really expand and customize your shipping into zones and offer variable shipping fees.
We had some issues with getting it set up perfectly.
The support is amazing, John was quick to respond, explained how we could achieve what we wanted, and with his extensive knowledge of virtue mart got it sorted it no time.