OSDownloads is an extension to help you manage your downloads. It's simple to use and allows you to easily provide downloads in exchange for emails, which can in turn be automatically imported in MailChimp upon download.
At the time of this writing, it's the only downloads extension on the JED that allows the administrator to collect emails in exchange for the download (of course it's optional). This is useful if, for example, you want to collect emails for your newsletter or if you want to collect emails so that the users who download can be notified later via email. This method gets rid of "Registration require to download" if you simply want to collect emails.
At the time of this writing, it's the only downloads extension on the JED that collects emails and imports them into MailChimp (of course it's optional).
- Provide Downloads
- Collect Emails (optional)
- MailChimp integration (optional)
- Nested Categories
- Add a before and after description (both optional and both use the WYSIWYG editor that you have installed on your site which makes it very nice for your clients to use)
- Add an Agreement or Terms of Service (optional)
- Add a documentation link (optional)
- Add a demo link (optional)
- Add a support link (optional)
- A lightbox is used for the download.
- Search Engine Friendly
- Basic stats...more will be added in the future
- Add a menu for one or multiple categories of files
- Add a menu for a single file
We are planning on adding a lot of new features if there is interest in the extension. If you have any requests, be sure to let us know. Also, we would love to build a custom solution for your business or your clients if you need it and are willing to sponsor us.
OSDownloads is licensed under GPL v.3
- Last updated:
- Sep 10 2015
- Date added:
- Nov 19 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
- Uses updater:
Ease of use