eorisis DCMI is a free plugin for the Joomla CMS, that brings all the Dublin Core set of metadata elements into Joomla. DCMI metadata tags are HTML5 Valid and can be used for Search Engine Optimization, semantic tagging, for higher ranking/score, as well as for other implementations that are not necessarily Web-based. Dublin Core metadata can be used to describe any kind of resource, i.e., software, music, releases, events, artworks, paintings, products, collections of documents and non-electronic forms of media such as a museum or library archives.The Semantic Web standard promotes common data formats on the World Wide Web, by encouraging the inclusion of semantic content in web pages.
Compatible with Joomla 1.7.1 to 3.4 Series
One Installation Package / Fresh Install or Upgrade.
- Includes all the available Dublin Core set of metadata elements and terms.
- More than 50 fields to enter metadata.
- Integration with core Joomla articles (separate metadata and options for each).
- You can enable or disable the integrations using the plug-in option.
- You have custom selection of the variant (dcterms/dc) to be used in the meta tag.
- You have custom settings for Characters Limit.
- The Language DCMI meta tag gets the current page's language automatically.
- The Modified DCMI meta tag can use the Last Modified date of the article or a custom field.
- All the plug-in's settings apply globally and can be overridden from the article's metadata settings.
- You have the option to remove or keep the Joomla Content Rights meta tag (it is not HTML5 Valid).
- Various of automation options for the metadata (more to come).
- Includes detailed descriptions and Dublin Core comments and recommendations on all included elements (on mouse over Titles and Help points).
- Metadata are available in both Online and Offline site modes.
- Uses the native Joomla Update system (You can upgrade to the latest version directly from your website).
- Information Tab: Server Version Check and Release Notes (Does not auto-check for update).
- All fields are translatable through the Language Manager.
The following Joomla demo site uses eorisis DCMI. View the source code and search for "dcterms"
- Documentation: http://eorisis.com/dcmi/doc
- Changelog: http://eorisis.com/dcmi/changelog
- Help & Support: http://eorisis.com/contact