My Maps Location load automatically how far the visitor is from you, a shop, or any location that you have located. With My Maps Location it's possible to select location, record, categorize and display locations on a global Map or as a listing. Too many options to display beautiful map. A nice marker set is added by default and it's easy to add your own design.
With My Maps Location display a Google Maps or Bing Maps has never been so easy.
Video demo of My Maps Location available here:
**Main features of My Maps Location**
- Responsive design and bootstrap integration
- Custom background to fit your website design
- Point your location directly on Google Map or use predictive search
- Automatic filled location information (latitude and longitude)
- Display multiple places on a single map
- An editor button to select and display one or some location in articles
- Distance/radius search with custom value
- A module to load your locations
- A module to display location search field
- Cluster function (group location)
- Designed marker icon set
- Choose between Google Maps or Bing Maps
- An individual search module
- Display search result as list and detailed view
- Add some information to the location: images, description, hours,...
- Possibility to display different points on a single map
- Display the route from you (automatic location) to the location
- Switch the locations with a drop down list on detailled view
- Add a contact link in each location
- Google Maps language sync with Joomla language
- Predefined address can be added in a menu element
- Microdata integration
- Compatible Joomla 2.5 & 3.2
** K2 full integration**
- Locate each K2 element in K2 item editor
- Load K2 single item/categories of item using a menu or a dedicated module
- Search for K2 elements with a specific search module
- K2 items are loaded like any other places in My Maps location component
- Click on the tooltip to load the K2 item page
** Community builder dedicated plugin**
- Search and find through Community Builder members
- Mapping the profile fields with My Maps location address fields
- Load the My Maps location map and point a location in Community Builder profile
** Jomsocial dedicated plugin**
- You can map existing Jomsocial fields with My Maps location. Then all your members can be searched with the powerful My Maps location search engine
- Map the Jomsocial address field of your choice with My maps location address field
- Jomsocial native App, can be set as core app or not
- Map type option including zoom type height and width of the map
The design is responsive and the mobile components work well, we love the fact that we can create and apply custom icons and back ground effects.
We had a small issue with a code clash once we talked with the developer they resolved this within 8 hours, so support is really good.
We are looking forward to using the application on more projects and looking at the other products the developer has.
Once set up properly it works wanders.
The support is good and you will get all the help you need to have your extension running.
I came across alot of extensions that did the same as my maps locations but they were all far too expensive, some of them costing thousands of euros and the cheapest more that 5 times as expensive as this one.
But it's not only the price that is incredible-the extension does everthing it says it does and more!
And the support is fast and fantastic.
I am using the tool as a distance calculator for my customers and also for my own. So its much easier for me to calculate the driving costs.
Sadly i had a big problem cause the shown distance from the tool was not the same as the google route. The support helped me in the last weeks and integrated new, better calculations so that in the end everything was fine.
I had one big problem and some smaller ones and the support helped me with a lot of patience until everything was fixed.
I did go with the tech support option and wanted to make one cosmetic change to the extension. Tech support helped me with that! Great job.
I had some minor issues and a feature request which was handled very quickly, professional and always friendly.
The code is clean and you can easily use the Joomla! override method to change the view if you want. Sadly some other (commercial) extensions lack of this ability...
So can i recommend My Maps Location? Yes. Would i buy it again? No, because i have already :)