* create and display any numbers of maps, placemarks
* multilingual interface
* configurate many settings (Zoom, Map Type, Map Type Control,
Pan, Double Click Zoom, Scroll Wheel Zoom, Zoom Control, Scale Control, OverviewMap, Traffic Layer, Bicycle Layer, Transit Layer)
* create any routes (use Directions API) and paths (use polylines)
* set you custom image on placemark
* you can specify KML Layer for map (field on map tag), just write URL for KML or GeoRSS
* markers can include site reference and image, and HTML code
* you can use marker clusterer (markers grouping when map zoom out)
* you can group placemarks and show|hide all group with addition control, create many clusters with its own icon
* you can use MarkerManager functionality to show|hide markers depend on zoom
* you can use Google Earth feature
* you can use OpenStreetMap layer
* you can use Places API
* you can use Panoramio API
* you can use Elevation API
* you can use contact and user information in placemarks
* you can use Google Infographics (Dynamic Icons) as icons for placemark
* you can use New Zeland Topomaps layer
* you can use plugin to call from K2 items
* you can add custom map types and use it
* you can use Projection in custom map types
* you can use Styles for map
* you can use InfoBubble as InfoWin
* you can enable for registered users enter placemark from front end
* you can set Google Maps API Key for monitoring or billing over quotas limit
* you can use Street View
* you can use Weather and Cloud Layers
* you can use AdSence
* you can create polygons (areas)
* you can manage KML Layers (show/hide it by its list menu)
* you can set rate for your placemarks
* you can set labels for placemarks, with its styles
Developed for Joomla 2.5, 3.x
Use Zh GoogleMap Plugin to display map in article
Use Zh GoogleMap Module to use as module
You should keep in mind - the extension archive is more than 2M: The File Size Upload Limit (upload_max_filesize) on your Web Server might be set to low to allow larger files to be uploaded. By default PHP allows files up to 2 MB.
A masterpiece, that's what this is, and this here Sir is a generous man worthy of praise for sharing this with us - for free.
I have never written a review before, but after this experience, I just had to.
Thank you for making it so functional. Your extension is one of the very best, that I can assure anyone who is reading this.
Hi. Thank you very much.
I try to keep it for free, and keep developing new features :)
I just during that days creating 4 icons for new features (which is already done) - in next release you can manage to show/hide traffic, transition, bicycle and panoramio layers by buttons on map.
And very appreciate to any person who support my developments.
Thank you for your patience.
It was my fault - my new JS-script, that I created to my new engine have this bug (not correct process for some parameter combination), and in future release I'll fix it. And you help me to fix it by simple explanation - difference between component and module behavior.
When you give me access to admin panel - I found this in a few minutes, and appreciate you for that.
If you wish Chinese translation (and have time), you can join on Transifex to my project translation and help to do that ;)
Moreover, you can use my other extension Zh BaiduMap, which uses Baidu Map API (Chinese Map API)
Please remember this is a free component, which the developer has no obligation for support.
I recommend this product and developer highly!
I've used it for really simple maps and for very complex interactive maps - I mapped a whole state of Australia, breaking it up into approximately 90 individual highly detailed territories (polygons). This component made what seemed like the impossible, very easy. And I've seen what others have done and some of them are amazingly awesome - the detail and the features are mind-blowing.
Once you finish, you think "I wonder if I could add [something/anything]?" YEP! Its all there - anything I can think of, this component does it.
The instructions are a bit difficult - the English is a bit broken, BUT ask the developer on his forum and he's straight back to you with the answer. Can't ask for more.
AND, this component is regularly updated with new features.
I love it. Just excellent.
You can notice, if you create simple map - you just only need to do - it is leave all by defaults.
In this case to create map - just set it width, height and center.
As for placemark - it's position and map.
It takes 10 seconds to create map.
The other settings - for advanced playing :)
I'm using to map multiple places under multiple groupings and Im not sure that I can place specific places under a specific group its still great.
P.S. If it helps me to earn some money as planned I'll come and buy you a beer!!!
I still have lots of features which I think will be very useful to have in it. Only is needed to find time to do that.
And I'm very appreciate anyone who support my developments :)
Then the support is worth a 5 stars rating too, I had some wishes which could be fixed within the current release and some which could not. Dima clearly showed me how to reach my goals and was prepared to discuss about new ideas and implementing them in future release. Forum posts got answered immediately...So great software, great support and great work, use it and get happy.
Feel free to ask about new features, if I have enough time, I'll try to do that, or think of it ;)
I started working with Mambo, (earlier version), many years ago. Later I continue using Joomla! Drupal and Wordpress, but, this one with more frecuency, for the easiest use, integration, etc.
Now I'll be back on Joomla, thanks to the work of people like this, that is dedicated to developing extensions really easy to use, install, and free for community.
(My spanish compliment).
Thank you very much.
I'll try to keep developing on this level :)