- This extension requires registration to download.
3.0.10 version for Joomla 3.x come with some small bugs fixed.
In the package you will find separate versions for Joomla! 2.5 and Joomla! 3.x.
#1. migrate, import/export Joomla! 2.5 users to Joomla! 3.x;
#2. import users in Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x from .csv/.txt file, you can create your own file not need tyo be exported from a Joomla! site;
#3. create additional user profile fields (based on User Profile plugin included in Joomla!)- you can add any number of custom fields you want and you can edit them too. Supported fields types: text, phone, website, textarea, radio, calendar, dropdown, checkboxes;
#4. Delete users feature - based on multiple filters;
#5. User statistics - based on multiple filters.
To see how the component works, please read the documentation first – if is something that you can’t find just write a post on our forum and I will complete documentation. If you have questions use our forum, we will try to respond asap to all inquires.
If you discover bugs please report them on bugs section of our forum, do not use review here :)
Full versions changelog is on our site.
Of course you will need to prepare your data. I use Seblod CCK, so I will have to go thru additional steps for supplemental user data, but I'm OK with that once I have a user id to associate with.
I have not tried the other migration methods the author offers, but with such a clean interface. Money well spent!
The data set in Typo3 is totally different, so i needed a good tool, or i would be facing some serious SQL statements all night
And there was no room for mistakes in the process because i would be loosing clients.
I purchased ArraUserMigrate. It allowed me to create new User Account fields so i could match the two data sets. Perfect!
I dumped the T3 users to Excell and cleaned them up a little and saved that to comma separated.
The only difficult part was to figure out the required format of the import file.
I am very happy today, this is a great product that saved me lots of time. It was a real pleasure to work with.
For any Mac users, use PC to save yourself from a big load of annoyance. (**my review is not about OS's)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing ARRA... compatibility issues happen between OS's.
I'm not entirely sure if I missed a step, but it seemed to me that Mac Office Excel added "stuff" to the exported file (CSV), that when importing it it caused ARRA to not recognize the fields.
I tried saving as TXT, and it worked when I typed by hand four fictitious users to test the extension. However, that same TXT didn't work when I tried "copying and pasting" multiple lines (users) from the Excel file. (*I was trying to "clean" the file by using it in TXT rather than CSV by throwing the data into the TXT file, which is supposed to be plain text!)
In the end, after pulling my hair off, I used a PC (on another computer) and did the whole process all over again. Exported a sample file, added the users I needed, saved and imported the same file. In the PC it worked as CSV. (*I did try as TXT before hand, trying to keep the file simple and clean, but that didn't work. It said the file "had been imported successfully", but when I looked at it it had not added any users past the first line, which was simply myself!).
Anyways, I do appreciate ARRA trying at first, and again, it does the job (eventually), but it was a lot of wasted hours trying to figure this out on my own to make it work, and I wouldn't be honest if I said I'm 100% satisfied.
Hope this helps future users and ARRA team to look for solutions for this type of compatibility problems so other customers don't have to go through the same frustration.
Right in the component page we have instructions for MAC users and we added now more info in separate documentation page too. This issue is not because our migrate component but because MAC CSV encoding.
I was hesitating a bit before buying the extension (the site of the developper often refers to 1.7, 2.5 in the descriptions or menu. And some links are broken as well for example).
Still I did buy the extension and I am *very* happy of the service.
Indeed for some reason the extension would not show up in my backend (blank page). I just sent a email to ARRA and a few hours later my problem was solved and the extension is up and running :-)
Very professional and very kind.
And now I can start playing with the extension & import my hundreds of users...