Features include but not limited to:
* Tables CSS layout
* Multiple layout display options
* Views can be easily integrated into your template
* Choice between Embedded and Shadowbox Views
* Access Rights on Categories or Movies
* Track hits on categories and movies
* Simple interface for adding new categories or movies
* RSS Feed, all categories or single category
* Support for category and movie descriptions
* Add Description, Keywords, Author and Robot meta information to categories and collections
* Supported Websites: Youtube, Daily Motion, Meta Cafe, My Video, Yahoo Video, Veoh, PP3G TV, Watch Me TV
* Supported Formats: DIVX, AVI (experimental), MOV, SWF, FLV, F4V, WMV, MP4, RM (experimental), RAM (experimental)
* MP4 Android/IPhone support (MP4 video must be in correct format)
* Copy and Past embed code for movies on external sites.
* mod_xmovie_fce: Display recent, popular, latest and random movies, either all or on a category basis
* mod_xmovie_jscroller: Displays recent, popular, latest and random movies, either all or on a category basis using the popular Flowplayer api
* mod_xmovie_menu: Display menu of categories
* mod_xmovie_movie: Display a single movie in an article
* plg_xmovie_search: Search plugin for XMovie
You will need to download Shadowbox Media Plugin from http://www.softforge.co.uk or another lightbox plugin/module that recognizes lightbox or shadowbox rel attribute in order to use the shadowbox view.
JQuery is also required for effects to work. Visit the help section on general use, and to get the full benefits of XMovie download the modules and plugin in the download section.
I set the type YOUTUBE but neither URL Link or URL Embed code are working, i paste the video code, full url link video code and even paste embed html into URL Embed Code but neither aren't working. It says "The movie uploaded is not in a valid file format."
I bet you didn't ask for help...
Hi Thanks for the review. I'm currently working on a pro version that offers multiuser support on the frontend similar to XGallery Pro. It should be out in a couple months.
Support by the developer is fantastic, very friendly and useful.
Would be nice to have a simple module in addition to the component, which displays a single movie.
Thanks for the review. There is a module for displaying single movies... Look for XMovie Movie module.
XMovie has a number of sister pieces that expand the package. I haven't tried them but expect they will be as great as XMovie component and module.
Tech support was SUPER fast and very much appreciated by this reviewer.
So, if you are looking for some stable solution with a first class support, this is your answer.
My native languaje is not english, sorry about that. Thanks you for this pluggin that works very good !
The component is easy to install, efficent in its goal. Easy administration. Is important install add the plg_xmovie_search (downloads of the same page) to join the search texfield of Joomla with XMovie. Additional have to download free mod_xmovie_menu, mod_xmovie_fce y mod_xmovie_jscroller.
Congratulations Dana, thanks for the pluggin and thanks for your efficient mail support