• adds minimal markup (and intelligently strips unnecessary markup added by editors like tinyMCE and JCE, if present) to keep the html clean and valid
• uses Joomla core MooTools library, which means this plugin adds no HTTP requests, minimizes dependencies, prevents JS conflicts, and makes it very lightweight
• adds CSS class for active block title, allowing you to toggle it's icon (for ex, from a + to a - icon— visit http://www.acusti.ca/mooaccordion-css-show-hide-demo-tutorial for a tutorial on how to do so); more generally, the markup is fully CSS customizable
• very easy for anyone to use (without technical knowledge) and very flexible
• the show/hide effects and other settings are easily customizable from the plugin's configuration
• compatible with IE 6-9, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.
The plugin is similar to JoomlaWork’s Tabs & Slides (in content items) Plugin, the plugin I originally used before being inspired to write this one. My biggest problem with the JW plugin was that when I added the plugin syntax into an article, the plugin would create invalid markup from it, because the WYSIWIG editor automatically wrapped it in an element. Also, it seemed foolish to use an old accordion script rather than the built-in accordion plugin that Joomla already comes with. This plugin solves those issues, and does so efficiently and robustly.
I wish the developer would implement a vertical accordion in a similar fashion!
Not this slider. No conflicts, stays open even if you put a form in it en submits...
The only bug i found is that they don't have a class name when it's open or active when i use it whit the class.
Thank you very much for this.
Thanks for the review! Perhaps this is not what you are looking for, but the title and content block elements both get the CSS class .expanded when they are open/active, and that class is removed when they are collapsed/inactive.
Thanks again for the friendly review and rating. I’m glad you found the plugin useful.
When I view the page in the Firefox developer tools they show up though. I'm going to send the author an email to ask if he's experienced this.
Works great otherwise.
Never-the-less, the plugin works fantastic in everything except for IE. But honestly, I'm tired of spending SO MUCH TIME fixing every little thing just for Internet Explorer that I don't care anymore.
I'm using this great plugin anyway! Great job devs!!!
Tip: You have to include a "." between mooblocks for them to work right. To hide the "." I simply wrapped it in a span and set the opacity to 0. Its a quick fix, but it works.