- This extension requires registration to download.
ARI Slider module creates apple-style slideshow based on Joomla! articles.
* Easy to use;
* Can choose menu navigation position, from 'top' or 'bottom' values;
* Can show next/prev navigation buttons;
* Scrolls Joomla! news with nice sliding effect;
* Supports navigation between menu items;
* Provides ability to specify what articles need to show one by one or in advanced mode;
* Allows fit slider size to parent size (Experimental);
* Can define your own layout for slider items and title for menu items using predefined variables such as: article title,article intro text, article full text, read more link and other;
* Supports auto rotation of slider items;
* Can display menu items title in nice tooltip;
* Supports variety of transition effects;
* Can run Joomla! content plugin for articles content;
* Works in modern browsers: IE6+, FireFox, Opera, Chrome, Safari and other;
* Supports multiple instance of module on one page;
* Can be embedded into Joomla! articles with help 'ARI Slider' content plugin;
* Open source and under GPL license.
but you don't even have to use a .ini file if you just want a simple image slider
But the best thing, and the motivation for me taking the time to register for this site, and write the review (I never usually write reviews...), was the fantastic, prompt, patient service provided by their support team, both via email and their forum. For me, this is the most important aspect.
If you are a novice or non-technical user, and are looking for an attractive and simple to implement slider, you are looking in the right place.
Regarding support, I had an Internet Explorer issue with text within the slider. The support team were back to me within an hour of the forum post. I went back and forth with support until we reached a fix.
I have dealt with a lot of J! extensions over the years and this one has by far the bast support. Recommended.
This is pretty close to fulfilling the same functions.
The technical support was great. I posted on the forum and the developer offered to log onto the website back-end to configure it for me.
Very efficient and courteous.