- This extension requires registration to download.
- Show a short introduction to the article text or choose to show its meta description (set the number of characters to show - 0 will hide the text),
- Show the author (name, alias or username),
- Show the date or how many days ago the article has been created/modified/published,
- Choose where to put the couple author/date,
- Choose between showing a calendar, the first article's image or nothing,
- Set the positioning of the calendar or image relatively to the text,
- Set the sizes of the calendar or the image,
- Select the background image for the calendar or the default picture if no image is found in the article,
- Choose which date to show when opting for the calendar view (published, modified or created),
- Link to the article is optional, set your own label,
- Basic K2 support
- and more...
Buy the extended version 'Latest News Enhanced Extended' for much more functionality and Joomla! v2.5 added features (the free version works with the latest version of Joomla! but does not take the new v2.5 features into account yet)!
Does what it says
Thank you very much for your review. Greatly appreciated.
This extension is slick, easy to tailor and highly customizable. Tried others, sticking to this one!
Thanks for the review, I really appreciate it.
This extension accomplishes both, and goes further by providing just about every option you could expect with easy access and settings through the admin.
I can't address support simply because this extension works so well I did not need it. Thank you for making my life a little easier.
Thank you so much for the review.
I started writing my own extensions in order to fill the requirements of the websites I was building, making sure I had clean and maintainable code. But above all, I wanted to build those extensions with extended functionality (so they can fit a lot of different use cases) and extended styling capabilities (so they can be modified with just plain CSS to fit any template).
You probably confused the paid and the free versions after registering to the site (easy mistake as they have almost the same name).
I would really appreciate you reconsider your review after actually trying the module out (reviews here are a reflection of the quality of the software).
I would have been happy to assist you in downloading the right extension, there are different ways to contact me (forum and contact page) on my website.
article 1 article 2 article 3
How can I do this?
Thank you for the review.
What you are trying to achieve is very simple with the use of CSS. Please contact me through the website and the forum where I will be happy to assist you, as reviews are not a place for problem solving. See you there!
This one has been a snap. I was able to install and configure it incredibly quickly. When I did have a question, support responded to me right away. If all extensions were like this, I'd be a happy camper!
Thank you, I really appreciate your review.
The module's support of nested categories and the option to limit the intro text without using read-more were two needs that were completely filled by this module. The excellent look of the calendar dates and the extra configurations were all bonuses. The interface is intellegent and easy to use and understand - just keep in mind that the category box allows multiple selections. This was my hangup. I have implemented many joomla sites going back to version 1.0, and this is one of only a handful of the modules I have used that delivers to this level of excellence.
Thank you for this insightful review, I am glad it corresponded to your needs and expectations.
I only wish there was a way to display one item at a time, and randomize it.
Thanks for the review. This is an ever evolving extension and new features are added all the time. Stay tuned!
Thank you very much for the review, it is really appreciated.