Once you have properly created your desired author instances (each attached to a specific user) in the backend, you can create different types of Author List menu items:
1. A list of your authors
2. An article list or blog layout from a specific author with or withour a "Select Author" drop down
3. A general article list or blog from all your authors with the same optional author filter possibility
Additionally, if you install and enable our Author List Plugin (plg_authorlist_content) it will link your authors' names to their com_authorlist pages whenever they show in your blog or article view.
For Joomla 3.+ only:
• 1.3.6: Multi language support
For 3.+ and older:
• 1.3.5: Possibility to show archived articles in the author's list and blog views.
• 1.3.4: Integration with Joomla Live Update
• 1.3.2: New options to resize all images and to create thumbs.
• 1.3.1: Assigning your Author List menu items to a certain user group in order to differentiate between author roles or types. (Joomla 3.+ only)
• 1.3.0: Google Authorship integration and new "About the Author" section underneath each article through our content plugin.
• 1.2.2: Possibility to hide authors with no published articles.
• 1.2.1: Possibility to give an alias to each author.
• 1.2.0: Capability for authors (and admins) to edit their details from the frontend.
Just be careful with plg_authorlist_content: it could add link to content that should be text-only. There is an option to fix the author meta tag, but other (third-party) components may need manual modifications.
Is it easy to set up? Definitely Yes.
Can I link from Author in an article to the Author profile with a list of that Author's articles? Yes
Can I display an Author box below the article? Yes.
Can I display a list or blog view of Articles by a particular Author? Yes.
Does it support Google Authorship? Yes.
Is there a module that will display a list of Authors? Yes.
It even has a plugin to support automatically adding a user to Author List on registration if that user is set to a certain permission level.
The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because there are a couple of other features I'd really like to see. But that won't stop me from using the extension or recommending it to others.
But just to show the Authors list and their articles wow!! what a great extension!! Simple and does what it says..
Solves such a load of headache.. I am gonna donate for sure when I have the money..!!.. :D
Thank You guys!!
We have found and fixed a bug in the blog view which could have been causing the problem you describe. Please try the current package.
Very easy to use, neat, and east to install. This is a must have for any professional site that has more than one author contributing to it.
I have only two suggestions:
1. I hope there will be way to have an author box under the article showing the name, email, description, photo, and link to profile.
2. I also hope that authors are give the access on the front end to edit their data (at least the description).
I do hope this extension is maintained for the coming version of Joomla in the Future. Because I was using another extension(a commercial one!) for my 1.5 and I was shocked that they decided not to produce one for 2.5.
I was hesitant to use it, because it is a new extension, and I was worried that the producers might chance their mind and stop releasing updates. But I do urge them to do, because this really closes a big gap.
Keep up the good work!
I am working on the option to allow authors edit their info from the frontend... soon it should be ready.