Once you have properly created your desired author instances (each attached to a specific user) in the backend, you can create different types of Author List menu items:
1. A list of your authors
2. An article list or blog layout from a specific author with or withour a "Select Author" drop down
3. A general article list or blog from all your authors with the same optional author filter possibility
Additionally, if you install and enable our Author List Plugin (plg_authorlist) it will link your authors' names to their com_authorlist pages whenever they show in your blog or article view.
• 1.2.0: Capability for authors (and admins) to edit their details from the frontend.
• 1.2.1: Posiblity to give an alias to each author
But just to show the Authors list and their articles wow!! what a great extension!! Simple and does what it says..
Solves such a load of headache.. I am gonna donate for sure when I have the money..!!.. :D
Thank You guys!!
We have found and fixed a bug in the blog view which could have been causing the problem you describe. Please try the current package.
Very easy to use, neat, and east to install. This is a must have for any professional site that has more than one author contributing to it.
I have only two suggestions:
1. I hope there will be way to have an author box under the article showing the name, email, description, photo, and link to profile.
2. I also hope that authors are give the access on the front end to edit their data (at least the description).
I do hope this extension is maintained for the coming version of Joomla in the Future. Because I was using another extension(a commercial one!) for my 1.5 and I was shocked that they decided not to produce one for 2.5.
I was hesitant to use it, because it is a new extension, and I was worried that the producers might chance their mind and stop releasing updates. But I do urge them to do, because this really closes a big gap.
Keep up the good work!
I am working on the option to allow authors edit their info from the frontend... soon it should be ready.