Display important information about the author above or underneath the article in an author info box!
The plugin shows the following information: name, image (avatar), website, email address and description (about me). The author information are optional and can be activated in all possible variations. They are obtained from several sources: the name and e-mail address from the normal user profile, website and description accessing data from the Joomla! "User - Profile plugin" (Fields: Website and About me) or the JomSocial, Kunena or Author List profile. The image is loaded from the Gravatar service (gravatar.com) or the JomSocial, Kunena or Author List profile.
New: Author Info Box User Profile Plugin for all important data of the authors!
The complete output is defined by the included CSS file. The box should be adjusted to the own template using this CSS file!
* Author Info Box - show information about the authors
* All fields are optional
* Individual titles for the box and the description text of the author
* Data are loaded from: Author Info Box User Profile Plugin, Joomla! Profile Plugin, Joomla! Contact Component, JomSocial, Kunena, Author List and Gravatar
* Name - real name or username
* Set a link to the Joomla! Contact Component, JomSocial, Kunena or Author List profiles of the authors
* Email Address - protected with the cloak functionality of Joomla! or in plain text
* Description - short text about the author - is loaded from the "User - Profile" plugin or the JomSocial, Kunena or Author List profile
* Website - is loaded from the "User - Profile" Plugin or the JomSocial / Kunena profile
* Image of the author - Avatar - is loaded from Gravatar (free registration at gravatar.com needed) or the JomSocial, Kunena or Author List profile
* Info box positon - before or after the articles
* Article view - authorbox can be limited to the article view
* The triggering of the plugin can be controlled by IDs of the articles
* Languages: English and German
Joomla! 3.x - http://joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/downloads/aib-author-info-box/joomla-3
Joomla! 2.5 - http://joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/downloads/aib-author-info-box/joomla-25
The extension is completely free, but you need a subscription for support:
I'm pretty happy with the extension and support. Can you ask for more?
as plugins should be - easy to install, css editable to suite all templates - genious Viktor, thank you!
Thank you very much for your review, Dan1941!
Thanks for the time you spent with my email Viktor and keep up the great work :)
Thank you very much for your review!
Thank you for your review, genegun!
Thank you for your review, but I want to be honest with you:
I don't like such reviews!
First of all, you have not contacted me. If you have a feature request, why the heck do you write it in a review? A review is not the right place to ask for features!
The other thing can be achieved over the CSS file. Have you read the description or the project page?
"You may adjust the complete output of the plugin with the included CSS file authorinfobox.css. Create your individual author info box!"
So you can change the whole output of the box, not only the color...
Please do not write reviews before you don't have contacted the developer!
You cannot take any more from an author of the plugin -- getting you the custom additions to the plugin within the day.
I couldn't use the plugin first because there were no jomsocial profile support, contacted the author on their website and got everything sorted out within 24 hours.
He is ready to offer more customizations to the plugin without taking a single penny. He deserves thousands of buck for contributing such an useful plugin (It should be a core function, but somehow joomla doesn't see it as an important thing to bundle with the package).
with jomsocial profile avatar, description, email and website - It does what it meant to do. You should definitely give it a try.
Thank your very much for your nice review!
The only thing I would say is lacking with this extension is the limitation of avatar support. It would be really nice if the core team had added the option for users to add a default avatar to their profile, which could be called by any extension from one centralized source. Support for Kunena and other common extensions would be a real bonus.
Having said all that this extension is really something that would be worthy of core integration somewhere down the line.
Thanks for being so generous and sharing your regular contributions to the J community.
Thank you for your review!
Yes, the avatar support will be extended in the next release.
The only think I don't like is that the name of the author, email, and website all appear in one line, which is not so neat.
For some reason "User - Profile" plugin is not saving Arabic "about me" text. But it seems to be a Joomla issue, not from the extension.
Thank you for your review!
Yes, it is problem of the core profile plugin.