- This extension requires registration to download.
Based on our combined experience, we have created probably the best tool to present articles for Joomla!
A huge number of options and possibilities for formatting makes News Show Pro GK4 a complete tool for making attractive www pages content.
News Show Pro is useful for preparing simple structures for individual articles, as well as complex arrangements for multiple articles and a list of links.
In comparison with NSP GK1, GK4 brings a few changes:
- Support for K2 component
- Support for redSHOP component
- Support for K2Store component (Joomla 1.5 only)
- Support for JComments (Joomla 1.5 only)
- Support for VirtueMart
- Module management options in administrative panel totally converted
- Image cropping
- Portal Mode
- Support for K2 component allows the user to choose between using a standard Joomla! article manager and K2 component for more interesting possibilities.
By converting module management options, its support is more convenient and easier. Except grouping options in subject groups, a few simple solutions were added which makes module support clean and neat.
Such changes were implemented:
- Support for avatars authors from gravatar.com service
- Editorial content of informative part of an article
- Two blocks for content connected with informative part of an article
- Improvements in the field of specifying word/symbol limit in article elements
- More types of caching articles and links
Changelog - version 3.0:
- Added support for VirtueMart 2
- Added support for Joomla! 2.5 article images
Changelog - version 3.3.1:
- Added support for K2Store
- Added support for the responsive templates
- Added new portal mode - Responsive News Gallery
- Initial support for RTL
- Option to wrap the content in the separate block
- Module efficiency enhancements
Changelog - version 3.3.2:
- Added new portal mode - Speakers, created for the new Fest template
One thing though, I am having problem applying "Portal Mode," as it does not show any contents whatsoever, where I would have absolute no trouble with "Normal Mode." Unfortunately, I could not find any solution in their forum. ("Use default CSS" to be enable didn't resolve the issue, neither.)
FAQ would have been nice, but I shouldn't ask too much. :-)
To all who are looking for the best module for displaying article in front end. Listern up
This will be the far far most best module you will ever find here, Its free and its powerful.
You can display any article type joomla,k2 etc.
Just try it you will know what i am talking. I have installed this for nearly 43 sites so far, it works the best.
Turning to the developer's website, you soon discover that to merely ask a question on the forum will cost at least $51 and given all the complaints on the forum, getting a prompt answer seems dicey at best. For anyone with an issue similar to mine, the developers seem to respond no better advice than "RTFM." Well, I did RTFM -- many times -- and it's not helping me. Bad attitude all around.
It seems like a fine extension, but it is not worth $51.
Joomla is like peanut butter and GK4 modules are the jam, a match made in heaven!
P.S. It would be nice if the developer allowed posting to their community forum even without current paid subscription...
In case you want to improve, show video, gallery and attachement icon when published in k2 so reader knows this article has extra media.
If they keep up the good work, this will be number one choice displaying news frontpage.