You can define your own styles, or use one of the many predefined styles that come with the installation. In any case, you can create your own intelligent styling rules that will format your tables according to your specific needs. For instance, you can define a styling rule that says "I want the first row to have an orange background with bold white letters" or "I want every cell with value less than zero to have a yellow background". Once the styling rules are defined, you can apply them to the creation of any new table just with a single click.
If you are not familiar with the web design concepts you can simply ask someone else to create a table template (i.e. Ruleset) for you and then simply import it via the Tabulizer panel with a single click.
Tabulizer v2.0 brings even more powerful rules that allow you to autospan cells (i.e. merge neighboring empty cells), apply formatting rules to specific cells, table rows or columns (e.g. turn all numeric values into currency amounts), do simple calculations among cells (e.g. add all the cells above).
Tabulizer v2.5 adds the possibility to search and replace text on the table cells, adds more "range" options (like module), introduces the concept of "range counter" for a finer control of row/column counting and allows the enclosure of input text into double or single quotes (very useful if the column data contain the column separator).
Tabulizer v3.0 brings the following:
* Tabulizer works everywhere (modules, components, tabs) not just articles
* Re-Tabulize existing tables.
* Import data directly from an Excel file (*.xls format)
* Loose column conistency
* Improved security with user-group role assignments.
* Better conflict resolution with other extensions and settings.
* Better error reporting
Tabulizer v3.1 is the latest version, that allows you to import text and image data from any type of Excel file (i.e. *.xls and *.xlsx) and fixes some issues of the old Excel importation library.
The Tabulizer application consists of three Joomla extensions, namely:
* The Tabulizer Editor Plugin: This is the main plugin that adds a conversion button to the Joomla editor, allowing you to convert input text to HTML table.
* The Tabulizer Content Plugin: This plugin includes all required CSS files for the proper styling of the produced HTML tables.
* The Tabulizer component: This component enables you to browse easily the existing styling rules and to create new ones.
It's compatible with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.0
But when we start to use it, it solved more problems than we originally realized.
Dimitrios wrote custom rulesets that solved a lot of css problems we faced. He made it look so easy.
My client and I are hugely impressed with Tabulizer. But we're even more impressed with the developer behind it.
We received excellent service. Dimitrios spend a little extra time to make sure he completely understands our requirements.
This component has been an outstanding helper to my recent job. As everyone else already stated, it's an enormous timesaver.
I had trouble converting several CSV files that turned out to be not 'well formed' but the developer was very helpful explaining how to solve this.
A small investment into the right tool can make a big difference to your workflow.
This is a 5 star tool.
Not any more.... This makes everything simple as life should be. I gotta take my HAT OFF to you guys and say it's worth every penny. I paid £10 which is not a great deal of money or such a superb component.
If you are looking at this and thinking.... Do I buy it... Don't I buy it? Stop thinking and start doing.
THANKS GUYS, THIS IS A LIFESAVER.
So, if you work a lot with tables and you find it cumbersome to work with tables in your Joomla articles, you should definitely give it a try.
* Easy to use
* You can use the pre-installed styling rules or create yours.
* To take full advantage of this extension, CSS knowledge is expected (at least minimum)
* Joomla 1.6 is not support (yet)