Features include, but are not limited to:
- Three image sizes: Thumbnails - Detail images - Original images (thumbnails and detail images are created automatically out of the original images)
- Manifold possibilities in the detail view: Voting, commenting, BBCode for external linking, "Send to a friend" feature, adding nametags ("That’s me!" and also adding nametags for other users), Slideshow with several transition effects, mini thumbnails of category in a motion gallery
- Configurable watermark
- Exif and IPTC image data support
- Access rights for categories according to Joomla's user groups
- Fully implemented ACL of Joomla! 2.5.x
- User-created uploads and categories
- Password-protected categories
- Time span for upload limit in frontend
- Favourites: Users may store and download their favourite images (in a zip archive)
- Option to download single images
- Counting image downloads
- Cooliris support
- Google Maps support (GeoTagging)
- Search function in gallery
- Configurable view of toplists (top rated, last added, last commented, most viewed)
- Possibility to exclude images from toplists and the search
- Several upload possibilities from backend and frontend: Single upload, Batch upload (Zip), Drag'n'Drop-Upload with progress bar, Java upload, FTP upload (last one only in backend)
- Image processing using GD, GD2 or ImageMagick
- Afterwards resizing of detail images and thumbnails
- Square thumbnails possible
- Possibility of using content plugins in image and category descriptions
- Possibility to explicitly reject images and to send message about rejection reason
- Expand Joomla-Breadcrumbs
- Unlimited nested categories possible
- CSS-based layout (table-free, wherever possible)
- MVC structured code, template overrides possible for every view
- Module positions inside the gallery
- Several plugin events triggered by JoomGallery on certain events in order to interact with third-party extensions
- An interface class (API) gives other extensions (Plugins, Modules, ...) the possibility to integrate JoomGallery content
- Huge third-party support: There are JoomGallery extensions available for many third-party extensions: Community Builder, Community Builder Enhanced, JomSocial, Kunena, AlphaUserPoints, JComments, JomComment, XMap, sh404SEF, Artio JoomSEF, SEFAdvanced, JoomFish, reCaptcha.
- Plugins for displaying or linking images in content articles or for automatically creating user categories
- Update-Checker and
Joomgallery is by far, far , far the BEST extension ever and not only because its free. The level of detail thats gone into this extension is fantastic, the guys developing it clearly 'know' what they wanted to build. With this level of detail coders typically forget about documentation and assume everyone will know what whats going on. Again joomgalery team have out shined, the documentation is very well laid out with excellent explanation at every step of the way.
Joomgallery is clearly a team effort and the best extension I've ever come across, excellent work! Thanks so much for making such professional work available for free download, its truly remarkable - Thank you
It took some time to figure out things initially, however worked swiftly later.
Now the "but..." thing, the gallery items created using this tool does not show up in the default Joomla search results which is one odd reason it would keep me off from using it.
Rest, All is well... :)
Thanks for your review. Please note that you have to install our search plugin in order to display JoomGallery results in Joomla!'s search page.
I was using this extension since Joomla 1.0 - these days with the pony :D
After i had a first overview of which extensions will fit into my needs to bring my content to Joomla 3.x and some reading there in the Docs and boards, i had all my images in a clean and fresh install on J!3.x
Someone said, it is a way to complex. I guess. Get familiar with it and you may love it!
I miss a bit a module for integrating the JComments, another great J! tool, into some positions of the gallery.
Respect - and - Keep up the good work.