RemoteImage powered by elFinder, you can:
- batch upload
- create folders
- resize, crop & rotate images
- insert multiple images in article editor.
- archive & unarchive files
- preview every images.
- Rewrite for Windwalker Framework 2.0
- Now support front-end article edit.
NOTE: No longer support Joomla2.5, please install in Joomla 3.3 or higher.
1. My firewall alerted me that it creates two folders with chmod 777, which is really dangerous security wise.
They are the thumbnail folder /.tmb
2. My admin folder is protected with a password. when I use this extension, the front end of my site displays the pop up window asking them for the admin panel password.
I think it is the best extension for images, but there are things they need to take care of.
Note: support site and documentations links are wrong. There is no support on their sire currently.
About problem 1, this folder is auto generated by elFinder, not my extension. And I think it will not be a bit problem because files begin with dot is hidden, it will auto protected by Apache and there is nothing can do in a thumbnail folder.
About 2, I'm not sure how you can use this extension in front end, actually RemoteImage is not able to use in front end and it should be blocked, there are no buttons can open RemoteImage in front and. We are not recommend to use it in front end until we support it.
Otherwise, still thank you for support ore extension.
Any problem please report here: https://github.com/asikart/remoteimage/issues
We'll fix the link to Github issues.
But unfortunately no option to set image path to absoluterelative.
Hi, I'm not sure what is the option you want about the absolutepath, but if you think it is an important function, welcome to give us recommand through GitHub issues: https://github.com/asikart/remoteimage/issues
Thank you for review.
You or your client can drag 'n drop, resize, rename, organize all media and especially pictures with really good thumbnails and WYSIWYG options... in a breeze.
Try it once, and you will never go back.
My only 2 issues with this one:
1) I haven't been able to change languages (while 'elFinder', the code it is based on is supporting several languages).
2) 'elFinder' developers are not very active since a year... I thus just hope this amazing component will remain up-to-date over next years, because it is just too good to be true.
Official Joomla Team is working on an update of the MediaManager, but seeing RemoteImage, they have a HUGE challenge in front of them...
Keep up the good work, please!
Thank you for your review.
We are hard working for our every extensions and enhancing it's User Experience, so a little issue not fixed very quickly. But the elFinder has already update-to-date of newest build version.
We'll add your opinion to our todo list and fix the language bug.
And we need to know which language you use. You can post this on our support forum: http://ext.asikart.com/discussions/index/remoteimage-ari.html
Thank you very much.
"The new image editor is a joy :)
It even automatically uses the image name as the alt text.
And returns to the last directory you were in.
And lots of other cool stuff.
Many many thanks for this!"