Features include, but are not limited to:
- Three image sizes: Thumbnails - Detail images - Original images (thumbnails and detail images are created automatically out of the original images)
- Manifold possibilities in the detail view: Voting, commenting, BBCode for external linking, "Send to a friend" feature, adding nametags ("That’s me!" and also adding nametags for other users), Slideshow with several transition effects, mini thumbnails of category in a motion gallery
- Configurable watermark
- Exif and IPTC image data support
- Access rights for categories according to Joomla's user groups
- Fully implemented ACL of Joomla! 2.5.x
- User-created uploads and categories
- Password-protected categories
- Time span for upload limit in frontend
- Favourites: Users may store and download their favourite images (in a zip archive)
- Option to download single images
- Counting image downloads
- Cooliris support
- Google Maps support (GeoTagging)
- Search function in gallery
- Configurable view of toplists (top rated, last added, last commented, most viewed)
- Possibility to exclude images from toplists and the search
- Several upload possibilities from backend and frontend: Single upload, Batch upload (Zip), Drag'n'Drop-Upload with progress bar, Java upload, FTP upload (last one only in backend)
- Image processing using GD, GD2 or ImageMagick
- Afterwards resizing of detail images and thumbnails
- Square thumbnails possible
- Possibility of using content plugins in image and category descriptions
- Possibility to explicitly reject images and to send message about rejection reason
- Expand Joomla-Breadcrumbs
- Unlimited nested categories possible
- CSS-based layout (table-free, wherever possible)
- MVC structured code, template overrides possible for every view
- Module positions inside the gallery
- Several plugin events triggered by JoomGallery on certain events in order to interact with third-party extensions
- An interface class (API) gives other extensions (Plugins, Modules, ...) the possibility to integrate JoomGallery content
- Huge third-party support: There are JoomGallery extensions available for many third-party extensions: Community Builder, Community Builder Enhanced, JomSocial, Kunena, AlphaUserPoints, JComments, JomComment, XMap, sh404SEF, Artio JoomSEF, SEFAdvanced, JoomFish, reCaptcha.
- Plugins for displaying or linking images in content articles or for automatically creating user categories
- Update-Checker and
I was using this extension since Joomla 1.0 - these days with the pony :D
After i had a first overview of which extensions will fit into my needs to bring my content to Joomla 3.x and some reading there in the Docs and boards, i had all my images in a clean and fresh install on J!3.x
Someone said, it is a way to complex. I guess. Get familiar with it and you may love it!
I miss a bit a module for integrating the JComments, another great J! tool, into some positions of the gallery.
Respect - and - Keep up the good work.
Just some suggestions: Top of the cream would be AJAX-editing, a more user friendly backend-design and maybe some default settings you can choose from or the possibility to save an own default setting (so your don't have to walk through all the tabs to change everything to reach your desired gallery-layout).
An incredible range of settings
Lots of plugins and modules for expanding available
Free and ad-free, unlike many others, where a distinction is made in a free base and a paid Pro version.
In the forum you can get free help directly from the developers!
The best gallery component at all!
I have tried them all over the last 5 years looking for something that has the functionality of standalone gallerys like Coppermine or Menalto Gallery 2 or 3.
There are some improvements I would like to see: especially a way to batch add/edit image meta titles and meta descriptions. (Not enough to lose a point though)
Well done Dev team!