1. Indexing pdf documents and save content of these documents into database for searching. These documents can be uploaded to different directories .
2. Indexing all documents stored in a folder and all it's sub-folders within one click. This will save time for you incase you have many documents stored in different folders.
3. Searching indexed documents via Joomla standard search .
4. Scan for deleted documents and delete them from indexed database .
5 . Automatic indexer plugin which index documents automatically. You can simply upload your documents via FTP and then the system will index these uploaded documents automatically.
6. Integrated with popular download extensions : Docman, EDocman
- Allow indexing PDF documents stored by these extensions.
- Allow searching for documents based on indexed content via standard search function of these components.
6. The extension can also be used to index word documents. However, because of limitation of the Word Indexer library which I am using, there are still problems with word documents content special character. I will try to find a better library and add it to next versions of the extension to improve indexing word documents feature
Their support gave me a lot of confidence that I was working with someone that wanted to deliver a good, solid solution that would not break the next time there was an update either to itself or a component it works with. Very pleased.
Installation was troublesome but fixed by support. Functionality in terms of settings is not very intuitive and the search results is presented in a very poor manner.
Libraries for this component are not developed by oss but is old public domain libraries, which should be updatet for a long time ago.
I just dont like this solution.
I am sorry for lately response. It was our new year holiday (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_New_Year) and I just come back to office today. I will check support ticket and reply you very soon (lately 24 hours from now) .
I am sorry for lately response. It was our new year holiday (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_New_Year) and I just come back to office today.
It must be something special with your site causing the issue. So please submit a support ticket on my site. I will check and reply you very soon (lately 24 hours from the time you submit support ticket).
makes my site work just as i want, super work, great integration
developer works very hard to make it all successful
i'm glad i found this extension, great work!
What does it mean : Allow searching based on content of indexed documents in docman standard search (this require add one line of code into a file in docman), what is the line to modify to docindexer works ?!?
I am sorry for lack of document in previous version. Please go to my site to download the updated version which I just released today (with many new improvements), you will see a readme file which guide you how to make it works with Docman (and some other popular download extensions like JDownloads and Remository) .