Your custom-defined properties also become an advanced search module, to filter articles combining more criteria.
Custom Properties 2.x adds many features to the basic extension:
- Compatibility with J1.6 - J2.5
- Support for Falang (translation component)
- New field types: autocomplete, multi-select with "chosen" interface
- new module to build a menu from tags
- create regular menu items from tags
- frontend tagging for new content elements and for some third party content elements
- Title + Image + Plain text view
- search by date range
- selectable query type
... and more
The demo didn't install properly for me but I still decided to buy it. The bought version installed perfectly and works great.
One negative point is that there is no support contact, just the forum. So if you need a quick reply then you might be in for a wait. I posted one issue and it was answered in under 48hours, so I guess that it was reasonable.
Just one suggestion. I would like to have my own access levels available in CP. As it is now, there are only the Joomla standard AC's - public, registered and Super User. I had to choose "registered" with the effect that my users can tag any article on the site, when they should be able to only tag their own. Is there any way this can be fixed?