Your custom-defined properties also become an advanced search module, to filter articles combining more criteria.
A dedicated module let you display a selectable number of content items that have been tagged with a give tag.
Custom Properties 2.x and 3.x add many features to the basic extension:
- Compatibility with J1.6 - J2.5 - J3.x
- Support for Falang (translation component)
- New field types: autocomplete, multi-select with "chosen" interface
- new module to build a menu from tags
- new module to display articles tagged with a given CPtag
- create regular menu items from tags
- frontend tagging for new content elements and for some third party content elements
- Title + Image + Plain text view
- search by date range
- selectable query type
... and more
We needed to tweak the component to our needs, which was "rather easy" done in the 1.5 version. However, this wasn't as easy done in the Joomla 3 version for a non-developer, so after spending a day or so trying to figure out how to tweak the component, I wrote to Andrea.
2 hours and 35 minutes. That's how long it took for Andrea to reply with the answer for my prayers. That is awesome!
PS If you use jreviews this tag system works a treat with it.
Fantastic and thanks
The demo didn't install properly for me but I still decided to buy it. The bought version installed perfectly and works great.
One negative point is that there is no support contact, just the forum. So if you need a quick reply then you might be in for a wait. I posted one issue and it was answered in under 48hours, so I guess that it was reasonable.
Just one suggestion. I would like to have my own access levels available in CP. As it is now, there are only the Joomla standard AC's - public, registered and Super User. I had to choose "registered" with the effect that my users can tag any article on the site, when they should be able to only tag their own. Is there any way this can be fixed?