Whenever you create or save an article in Frontend or Backend, this plugin automatically fills in the keywords and description for you.
It does this for the keywords by:
1. Parsing all the words in the article and ordering them by number of times used (you can choose to generate keywords from title, content or both)
2. Removes the most common words in your language from the list by comparing it against a blacklist
3. Adds the top words into the keywords section (Limit keywords by length or number)
After saving the article you can also make some changes and any words you add to the keyword or description section will not be overwritten when you save. But what is with that many old articles without keywords? This version adds the ability to regenerate keywords for all articles in the database. Simply set the option to “Yes”, reload "Frontpage" and set it back to “No.” All articles in the database will now have keywords. You can save, delete or change the keywords for all articles by changing the options "Regenerate All Keywords and save it" and "Minimum Word Length" or the "Keywords-Blacklist". If you are not using "save by writing" then the description and keywords aren't saved in the article but the searchengine can get it from the sourcetext, because they are generated "on the fly".. The Keywords-Blacklist is german but you can change this in backend. You can find an link to an english Keywords-Blacklist on the Download-Page.
On these websites you can see how it works:
Thats not all here some other options:
* HTML page title configuration. Set your page titles in three different ways
* You can also customize what the separator is (in this ex. it's a pipe, can be any character).
* Additionally, you can customize the front page of your site's title tag to display a custom string.
* You can have one of four different layouts
I needed some support cause using seo extentions was all new to me, so i had some questions. And i must say; I have never - ever! had this kind of support before! Matthias you are a star!! Thank you so much for your patience and fantastic help! It made all the difference for me!
Thanks for this excellent review!!!
And also thank you very much to all other joomla-members for good reviews or contacting me. All this was a real help through a very tough time in my life. I hope I'll be back soon with updates for all my extensions.
The results are okay but nothing special which can not be achieved with other extensions in the same category.
It only works with articles and not with 3rd Party extensions, so it is a fair solution only for the core component.
Technical support is superb. Thanks Matthias!
The regenerate all tags function is nice but I would like that if instead of rewriting all the tags on the website it could be limited to just certain categories or only empty tags. Even without that I'll give it 5 stars.
I had a question at first and the developer, Matthias, came back to me an extensive answer.
I am looking forward to future updates which I hope will include a translation table and a whitelist.
As mentioned below by another: '... a great example for other developers...', and I'm saying this as a non-techy!
Keep on truckin', Mathias!