Multiple rules can be applied together, so if more than a single rule matches with the current URL, these are applied in cascade using the ordering set, except if a rule is declared as ‘last one’ (in this case the process stop).
And that’s not all. Tag Meta comes with support for macros. This means that meta information can be generated dynamically for each page.
To allow complex transformations for data to use as meta info there are the placeholders. Placeholders allow you to define a set of values where each value is associated and identified by a name and is used in the definition of other placeholders or in the definition of meta info (practically they are based on the same principle of the variables in programming languages).
With support for link 'canonical' it is possible to specify the preferred version of a set of pages with highly similar content. But there is still other, Tag Meta comes with support for an ontology database of synonyms, that allows to automatically generate and add new synonyms of existing keywords in any page.
The plugin, finally, has some useful options to set custom global information like Generator, Author, Copyright, or to set and align the tag ‘title’ and the meta tag ‘title’ in many ways.
- Support for tag 'title' and meta tag 'description', 'author', 'keywords', 'robots', 'content rights', and 'external reference' on each page
- Support for Robots options Index, Follow, Snippet, Archive, Odp, and Image Index
- Support for link 'canonical'
- Support for global meta tag 'generator'
- Possibility to add site name to tag 'title'
- Possibility to align meta tag 'title' with tag 'title'
- Possibility to preserve tag 'title' on each rule from global settings
- Support for global meta tag 'author'
- Support for global meta tag 'copyright'
- Possibility to add a note for each item
- Possibility to apply multiple matching rules
- Use of regular expressions into matching rules
- Case-sensitive option on the matching source URLs
- Request only option to match the full URL or just the REQUEST_URI part
- Decode URL option to decode URLs before to check if match with rule
- Last rule option to break application of matching rule
- Support for placeholders
- Use of macros to specify meta info (dynamic meta info, 33 macros)
- Ontology database for synony
Few day before i instal this extension, after traying some more popular, and witaut any results. :S
So i tray this then, and after some mistake (on my side) i send messages on forum, and after admin answer we two check all right, and now is solved my problems with meta tag. I use one component which are not make with Joomla 100% compatible, and because that i can add meta tagg in menu for link which that component make. So its hard to make on page SEO optimization. Now i can put meta tags for that link, and my page is now on the way. :) Thanx on help, and this great extensions.
It took me a while to get the hang of targeting the URLs properly but this was my fault not the extensions. It is really well documented and I had no trouble finding the info to help me.
Being able to create a hierarchy of rules is also really handy.
This extension can help solve a lot of duplicate content issues. Great Extension.
I have use it for my site there is tree view menu like
The problem is once i set meta, keyword, title for main category it apply to all of sub category and article also even i have add in sub category and article link but it's not affect only parent item meta, keyword and title get.
all other is working fine.
This review is really good but, unfortunatily i cant say excellent.
This user doesn't know that Tag Meta supports regular expressions, and a dollar at the end can save your life.
So, we can assume that Tag Meta can do the job, the problem is with the user. An excellent user first RTFM, that ask for support (a forum exists), and finally post a review.
Thanks for using Tag Meta in a "basic mode".
But that's no reason to vote worse than 5 stars!
I have to copy many pages from an old internet site with very good SE rankings (incl. category, section, sitemap views) to Joomla. This component helps us to retain our rankings and additional informations for users and bots on ANY page.
Thank you, developer!