Canonical Links for K2
Do you care about SEO? Are you tired of being penalized by Google for having a duplicate content?
With our plugin you will get real canonical links for your K2 articles/tags/categories. We've tried all other solutions, tried Joomla 3 native solution, and found out that they all had issues, as reported on various forums around the web.
We care about SEO, so we decided to develop our own plugin, to have real K2 canonical links.
Don't worry anymore if you can reach a K2 article with links like:
All of them will have the same canonical link!
Same goes for tags like
Even user views are supported!
Furthermore, it will detect if an article/tag/category has a direct link in the menu and use it as the canonical version, attention is payed so that the most appropriate link is chosen!
Works with Joomla 2.5 and 3.x!
+ Improved compatibility with sh404sef
* K2 Content tools module broken because of the plugin
* Some systems to not detected properly if tag is filtered
* Some systems require to check against urldecoded tag as well when searching for the tag menu*
* Fixed pagination link in combination with sh404sef
* K2: Check if menu has a different language than default
* When url rewriting is disabled (/index.php/ shows in all links), canonical link may not be correct
* Set canonical for itemlist view where there is no ID set (rare)
* Properly encode canonical link for K2 tags with spaces
* Language code wasn't always detected
* Encode canonical link parts, improvement for links with utf-8 characters
+ One click updates using native Joomla interface
+ Option to enable/disable redirection between slashed and non-slashed page
* K2: Do not redirect ChronoForms for K2
* Potential infinite redirect loop for the homepage
* Differentiate links with and without a trailing slash
+ Enable Chronoforms support in item view
* Full PHP 7 support
* Canonical for tag with own menu would sometimes be incorrect