jBackend Community enhance Joomla CMS integration features, adding an extensible and pluggable set of REST API. With these API it is possible to access to all site's contents and features, and use Joomla as a backend system for smartphone and mobile apps, syndication networks, external websites, and provide web services for any external system.
- Extensible through plugins to increase API and support any Joomla extension;
- Support for publishing of multiple endpoints, each with its specific settings;
- Tracing requests in the database for each endpoint;
- Selection of jBackend plugins to enable for each endpoint;
- Request log management interface;
- Support for REST compliant requests;
- JSON format for responses.
The package includes the jBackend component, that provides the general infrastructure for endpoints and plugins support system, and the following plugins:
- User Module: provides support for Joomla users (e.g. login, logout, registration);
- Content Module: provides support for standard Joomla content (e.g. categories and articles).