During the making of our Download component, we aimed to create one of the most powerful and secure, yet easy to use file manager, easy to use not only for frontend- but also for backend users.
Its features include, but are not limited to:
- easy importing/syncing files from a directory, manually or via cron
- a secure, non world (web) readable directory can be used for storing the files
- makes full usage of the Joomla ACL system for access control
- download files can be additionally secured by a mandatory password, and license
- search/finder plugins available
- system plugin for component usage directly in a content article
- editor plugin for easy plugin-tag creation
- 6 different frontend views, like single, category, accordion ...
- multi-dl available - a unique genuine feature of eXtroDownloads!
- admin notification on non working dl items
- many more features included not mentioned here
This component is one of the easiest-to-use download manager for joomla.
With only a few clicks, you can get your first item up and running, inclusive categorization!
Seting up a item is straightforward - create a category, create a item, publish it in the frontend, and you're done!
Creation of items can either be done manually, or via the import function.
Importing is especially useful if you have to create many items - simply upload them to a directory on your server and use the import function to create dozens, or even hundreds of downloads in seconds!
Moreover, the download items can be automatically synchronized using the cron scripts.
Another highlight is the multi download view - this is the only download manager for Joomla that comes with such a feature!
With this feature, frontend users can get multiple files with only one click - they simply select which files to get, click the button, and all selected files will be downloaded.
It is easy to use, but contains a bunch of advanced features like full ACL support, easy creation/import, or secure download storage directory.
Many more features not described here are included - please read the users manual for more information.