DJ-MediaTools is a responsive gallery and slideshow extension for Joomla that mix both functionalities! It gives the possibility to create photo galleries and slideshows quickly!
This versatile and highly customizable Joomla gallery component comes with many powerful features.
First of all, you can choose from 9 available gallery and slideshow layouts and show your images or videos (locally stored or Youtube or Vimeo, Dailymotion, MetaCafe, Liveleak, Yahoo movies).
(you can display each album in any layout you need, all pictures or images in the gallery or slider of your choice will fit automatically no metter which one is chosen):
- Gallery Grid
- Slideshow with thumbnails
- Modern Slider
- Kwicks Panels
- Skitter layout
- Nivo layout
You do not have to add image by image, but upload them at once and quickly change the ordering (drag and drop feature).
Responsive and touch ready!
As mentioned before, DJ-MediaTools gallery component is responsive; it means it works perfectly on different devices (desktop, laptop, tablet, and mobiles).
Images and pictures optimization for better performance
DJ-MediaTools provides images optimization (images in the gallery are automatically scaled the and presented in the best resolution keeping it as low as possible), watermarks option and easy to use CSS3 animations and effects. A lot of-of them!
It uses the resmushit engine to optimize images!
Create the gallery or slider album right from the component in backend or live when creating an article. Thanks to integrations with other extensions, gallery images can be taken from different sources:
- Joomla articles (images from the articles can be displayed in the gallery or slideshow)
- HikaShop (display product images as a gallery or a slideshow)
- DJ-Catalog2 (product item images can be displayed as a gallery or slider)
- Facebook (use facebook comments for each item in the gallery!)
- K2 (item images can be displayed as a gallery or slider)
- EasyBlog (use the pictures from EasyBlog items as gallery or slider items)
- DJ-Classifieds (display adverts’ pictures and images as a gallery or slideshow)
- Disqus (can be used to comment the gallery items)
- VirtueMart (display product images as a gallery or a slideshow)
- Joomla SobiPro (SobiPro items’ images can be displayed in the gallery and slider in one of available layouts)
- JComments (can be used to comment the gallery items)
- Falang (use to make the gallery multilanguage)
There are also many more powerful features. Some of them are:
- Unlimited Albums and gallery items,
- Speed settings,
- Continuous Loop for sliders,
- Friendly admin panel,
- Beautiful gallery layouts.
Discover them all!
DJ-MediaTools gallery component offers many language translations (read below for more info)!
DJ-MediaTools site includes a tutorial section where you can find many thematic articles, and learn what Joomla gallery extension is and how to use it’s features.
This collection of gallery tutorials, guides, and tips is highly recommended for beginners but also for advanced users as well. We still publish new articles, stay up to date!
Check the list of available gallery component tutorial articles:
How to set front-end album submission
You are able to allow users of given group to create or edit gallery albums. Learn how to use front-end gallery album managing feature.
How to use Masonry album layout
See how to use the Masonry layout in component view and in a module - it can be very useful feature when you want display a gallery but do not want to crop included images.
How to create full-width slider in DJ-MediaTools?
Displaying the slideshow on whole window width in not a complicated task. Check how to do it.
How to display events from DJ-Events as a DJ-MediaTools album
Display DJ-Events as an gallery album in DJ-MediaTools is easier than you think. Just follow few steps presented in the article.
Watermarks in DJ-MediaTools [VIDEO]
This tutorial explains how Watermarks in DJ-MediaTools gallery works - watch the video!
How to add locally stored video to DJ-MediaTools
Check how to add Video to the custom item in the gallery album.
How to display galleries in DJ-Classifieds adverts with DJ-MediaTools layouts
Display galleries in DJ-Classifieds ads view using any of the available gallery layouts.
Migration from DJ-ImageSlider to DJ-MediaTools
Learn how to do the migration from DJ-ImageSlider (free Joomla slideshow & gallery extension) to DJ-MediaTools component.
How to use FaLang with DJ-MediaTools
See how to translate DJ-MediaTools gallery content elements to any language you need.
Recipe - How to create gallery right from the regular Joomla article with DJ-MediaTools
Read how to create and insert images gallery from the regular Joomla article.
Besides the list of tutorials, there is an expanded DJ-MediaTools documentation section, where you can find a complete list of available included components’ packages, see how to install the gallery component, how to configure it, how to create a new gallery album, or new custom gallery item and much many more!
DJ-MediaTools site contains a video section. We’ve crafted a set of video tutorials to teach you to how to use some of our popular Joomla gallery tools and features. They should give you a good start. We’ll keep adding more.
Create Galleries from Joomla! Article
Learn how to create and add the gallery to the Joomla! An article in a straightforward way without leaving the article itself.
Multiupload and Drag & Drop
See how to create a new gallery album and add pictures easily thanks to a multi-upload and drag and drop options.
Automatic Thumbnails of YouTube and Vimeo movies
Video thumbnails management is an important feature - thumbnails can be automatically pulled from Youtube or Vimeo and used in the gallery and slideshows as the main images.
Virtuemart products support
The Virtuemart plugin is a result of Joomla gallery and VirtueMart integration. It gives you the control over displaying VirtueMart products.
New layout presentation - Modern Slider
See how to the Modern slider layout for gallery & slideshow extension looks in practice.
Display galleries in DJ-Classifieds adverts view with DJ-MediaTools layouts.
See how to configure and display the gallery in DJ-Classifieds adverts view using prepared layouts.
How to apply watermarks
This video shows how to apply watermarks to DJ-MediaTools gallery.
DJ-MediaTools comes with several integrations, which improves the extension's flexibility and allows the interactions between the gallery component and other Joomla extensions.
The integration plugin allows to set Joomla Content as a source of gallery component albums.
HikaShop Products can be used a source of DJ-MediaTools Gallery Albums.
This plugin allows to use DJ-Catalog2 Items as a source of DJ-MediaTools Gallery Albums.
FB Comments allows Facebook users to comment DJ-MediaTools gallery items.
K2 extension items can be used as a source of DJ-MediaTools gallery Albums.
The integration plugin is able to display EasyBlog items. It means they can be used in gallery albums.
Using this integration plugin is the best way to insert DJ-Classifieds ads as a source of DJ-MediaTools gallery Albums.
Disqus users can easily comment DJ-MediaTools gallery items
Virtuemart Products can be used as a source of DJ-MediaTools gallery Albums.
Joomla SobiPro integration
Thanks to the integration plugin users can set SobiPro as a source of gallery albums.
Thanks to an integration with JComments users are able comment DJ-MediaTools gallery item views.
Integration with Falang integration gives the possibility to translate installed gallery extension elements like albums or items.
It is important for us that our Joomla gallery extension is easy to use for every user, so we offer multilingual translations in:
We constantly expand the number of the gallery component translations available.
DJ-MediaTools Gallery ver. 2.10.1
- updated dj-classifieds source plugin for ads links compatibility with DJ-Classifieds 3.7 version
- fix for lazy gallery grid images loading in j3.8
- fix translating old params to new in content source plugin
DJ-MediaTools Gallery ver. 2.10
- added front-end managing of gallery albums with custom items source
- added Masonry gallery album layout
- updated Album Source Content plugin - now a lot of options are available (inc. dynamic mode, multiple categories to select, displaying date, category, author and hits)
- updated Album Source K2 plugin - compatibility with latest K2 2.8.0
- fixed translations of module options and global gallery component options
- fixed message layout above the uploader in the gallery album form
- fixed thumbnails animation in the slideshow with thumbnails layout
- fixed tabs animation in the tabber layout
DJ-MediaTools Gallery ver. 2.9.6
- fixed images size and multiple upload interface design in the album form layout
- fixed message layout above the uploader in the album form
- fixed notice message in the router.php file
DJ-MediaTools Gallery ver. 2.9.5
- fixed creating a useless copy of the original image if watermarks are disabled
- fixed upload of gallery images which were mistakenly treated as infected
- fixed gallery images optimization (updated resmush.it endpoint URL)
- fixed gallery albums and items URLs routing
- other minor fixes