Every seller who wants to sell food within the EU is obliged to label them according to EU regulation 1169/2011 on the provision of food information to consumers (EUPFIC).
EUPFIC - EU Provision of food information to consumers
This plugin is designed to help the shop owner to easily comply with this regulation. All food information can be easily entered in the shop backend, the plugin outputs these informations according to EUPFIC regulation 1169/2011 in the frontend. This plugin already complies with the upcoming nutrition labeling which is mandatory as of December 2016.
Installation is done via the default Joomla installer (Extensions -> Extension Manager -> Install). Once installed, the plugin must be activated and can be used afterwards.
Next, create a custom field in Virtuemart according to our manual (this needs to be done only once), assign it to the food products and enter the food information.
In the frontend, the EUPFIC plugin will display the food information according to EU regulation 1169/2011 - it helps you with complying to this EU regulation.
- Complies with EU regulation 1169/2011
- Displays the mandatory food information accordingly
- Displays nutrition information - mandatory from December 2016
- Displays the optional portion size nutrition information plus the percentage of the recommended daily dose
- Works for food and beverages