Import users from Excel or CSV file
Do you have user database in Excel or CSV file which contains names, logins, emails, passwords, addresses, etc.. ?
You want to create all these users in your Joomla web-site, but you don't want to spend hours on manual work ?
Use this Import Joomla Users extension to create/update/migrate all users into your Joomla and save your precious time.
This import / migrate extension was designed to save your time and do it as easily as possible.
You can import up to 100,000 users (per file) to Joomla , just set up process in a few clicks, sit back, and let it import users.
Each user will be created as regular Joomla user. So you will be able to view his profile in admin panel, and user will be able to login and view profile on web-site. Also user can be notified about his login/password by "Welcome" Email.
"User Import" supports next users' data:
All information of users which is supported by Joomla User Profile or Joomla Contacts will be imported, e.g.:
Username, Password, Email, Full Name, Params, Address, Suburb, State, Country, Postcode, Telephone, Fax, Mobile, Position, Misc, Image, Webpage, Registration Date.
Main features of this "Import Users" tool are:
- You can create only new users, update existing users or do both actions simultaneously.
- Columns order in excel or csv is not important, so you can match them the way you need.
- Tested with 30,000 users for Excel and 100,000 users for CSV file.
- K2 users supported
- Import users into Contacts supported
- Import user's data into UserProfile supported.
- You can specify one or a few groups where users should be imported/migrated.
- Send "Welcome" email to new users. Created or updated users can be notified with login and password by "Welcome" email.
- Password type option. You can choose type of password in your file: plain (non-encrypted) and Joomla encrypted.
- Password auto-generation tool is available. If you want to import / migrate users but your file doesn't contain passwords - it is not a problem our import extension will create a new passwords and send them to the users by email.
- *NEW: Profile feature. If you need to import often, use this feature to avoid routine: specify import settings and save them in Profile. Later on, you can start importing by clicking on saved Profile.
- *NEW: Block non-existent users in Excel/CSV. Before importing, you can specify group(s) where users should be put in. For example, you select “Publishers” group. It means that all existing users which belong to “Publishers” group, but not mentioned in file, will be blocked.
- *NEW: Manage access to "Import Users" component. If you need to grant/restrict access to certain Users Groups (e.g. “Publishers”), use "Options" settings.
- *NEW: Import on Schedule (using Cron) is available. Contact us to get more details.
- In combination with our export extension can be used to migrate users from one joomla to another. To migrate users you need to export users in excel first (see "Other Extension" tab on this page).
- Import users compatible with Joomla 1.6, 1.7, 2.5, 3.X.
"User Import" Performance
Usually import of 1 user takes between 0.01 and 0.1 second but mostly it depends on format you use (csv is a little faster) and server configuration.
Import of 3000 users in Excel format takes around 3-5 mins.
If you have any questions about this import users extension - please contact us.
Import users from Excel or CSV file
- Last updated:
- Nov 28 2016
- Date added:
- Mar 04 2015
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- Uses updater:
Ease of use
Value for money