J!TrackGallery is a simple GPS track gallery manager to browse upload and download tracks on your website. J!TrackGallery is a free, non commercial and open source project.
Tired of hosting your tracks on external website ! J!TrackGallery will browse your tracks on numerous maps of your choice (OpenStreetMaps, Google, Bing...). Frontend and backend management allow for placing tracks in multiple categories, adding description and image gallery, uploading tracks, downloading tracks, voting and commenting. Most features are controlled using rights management to restrict access when needed. Thanks to J!TrackGallery update server, upgrading is simple as one click. One single package is used for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.x so that you may if needed upgade from Joomla 2.5 to 3.x without reinstalling J!TrackGallery..
- Frontend tracks views : Overview (all tracks in a world map), categories lists, track lists, track lists by category, single map browsing,
- Single map browsing : switchable maps layers, elevation speed and beat charts, chart cursors coupled to map cursor ,
- Maps : OpenStreetMaps, Google and Bing maps, French IGN geoportal preconfigured...
- Additionnal maps : every maps/tile server being compatible to openlayers 2 can be seamlessly added in the backend without coding
- Categories : more than 10 predefined categories, fully customisable in backend (icon, title and description, translation)
- Tracks : 15 sample tracks given for testing J!TrackGallery, uploading tracks in frontend (simple upload) or backend (multiple upload) or via FTP
- Support for KML and GPX foormat (TCX in future version)
- Eack track has its own title, description, difficulty level, images gallery that can be modified in frontent and/or backend
- Terrain description : can be added to provide more information about tracks (road conditions, private or public access...)
- Tracks can be downloaded in frontend
- Voting and a commenting system for rating tracks.
- Many features can be configured, enables or disabled in backend.
- Documentation : see Manual (wiki), Forum and GitHub.
CSS Customisation and overriding
J!Trackgallery implements style overriding. Write your custom CSS stylesheet to modify styling at your needs. Your custom style will remains when upgrading J!TrackGallery.
J!TrackGallery comes with two modules that can be configured in the backend.
- J!TrackGallery Latest module allows for displaying small slippy map(s) with a link to the latest dowloaded tracks
- J!TrackGallery Stats module displays statistics about your track database such as: number of uploaded tracks, cumulative distance or elevation, rating information...
J!TrackGallery can be translated in your language. Version 1.0 speaks English, French, German and Polish.
When custom track categories are added, language keys that are necessary for running multilingual site can be added in the backend translation menu.