Lucid Pro-Adblock is a plugin to display an overlay upon entering the page if the user has no AdBlocker installed.
Advertising that appears on Web pages may pose a security risk. At present, most of the advertising consists of embedded third party content. These contents are not under editorial control of the owner of the website and adds a repeated criminal exploitable attack vector to the site. An adblocker protects a user's surfing and is an important part of the digital self-defense.
Based on a WordPress plugin from da]v[ax (blog.todamax.net) and Sergej (derzweiteknall.wordpress.com). More inspiration from Richard Eisenmenger (joomla-handbuch.com) and his JH Splash Screen Plugin.
The plugin installs only from Joomla 3.4.x and above.
Language files for English and German are included.
- Changed: Cookie handling for the hide time of the overlay exchanged with web storage handling. Thus no cookie is needed anymore.
- Added: Option to turn off the message at the bottom of the overlay about the hide time.
- Fixed: Configuration mode doesn't worked correctly anymore, after deactivating it the first time.
- Add: Update server.
- Add: Detection for the popular mobile device / browser, to not show the overlay on mobile devices.
- SqueezeBox doesn't scroll with the underneath layer anymore.
- Add: Access level control. Custom text for the popup with html markup, or a chosen Joomla article. Popup on all pages, or on specific menu items only. Color picker in the backend for some css properties. Option to activate Joomla content plugins for the displayed text.
- Mootools SquezzeBox integration. Known issues fixed.
- Mootools SquezzeBox integration. Known issues: At the moment the SqueezeBox will always be displayed at pageload, if the cookie is not detected, even if a ad-blocker is present on the client machine. This will be fixed in the next version.
- Refactored code for better readability, later use and stable version
- Initial release