Lucid Pro-Adblock is a plugin to display an overlay upon entering the page if the user has no AdBlocker installed.
Advertising that appears on Web pages may pose a security risk. At present, most of the advertising consists of embedded third party content. These contents are not under editorial control of the owner of the website and adds a repeated criminal exploitable attack vector to the site. An adblocker protects a user's surfing and is an important part of the digital self-defense.
Based on a WordPress plugin from da]v[ax (blog.todamax.net) and Sergej (derzweiteknall.wordpress.com). More inspiration from Richard Eisenmenger (joomla-handbuch.com) and his JH Splash Screen Plugin.
The plugin installs only from Joomla 3.4.x and above.
Language files for English and German are included.
- Fixed. Fetching the Joomla document object to early in the request cycle.
- Changed: Cookie handling for the hide time of the overlay exchanged with web storage handling. Thus a cookie is not needed anymore.
- Added: Option to turn off the message at the bottom of the overlay about the hide time.
- Fixed: Configuration mode doesn't worked correctly anymore, after deactivating it the first time.
- Add: Update server.
- Add: Detection for the popular mobile device / browser, to not show the overlay on mobile devices.