Lucid Pro-Adblock is a plugin to display an overlay upon entering the page if the user has no AdBlocker installed.
Advertising that appears on Web pages may pose a security risk. At present, most of the advertising consists of embedded third party content. These contents are not under editorial control of the owner of the website and adds a repeated criminal exploitable attack vector to the site. An adblocker protects a user's surfing and is an important part of the digital self-defense.
The plugin installs only from Joomla 3.4.x and above.
Language files for English and German are included.
- Version 1.4 is now also compatible with Joomla 4 and was tested with Beta 5. For Joomla 4 the modal dialog of Bootstrap 4 is used instead of the Mootools SqueezeBox, because Mootools is no longer included in Joomla 4.
- Added: The possibility to set the wait time, in how many days the popup will not be shown again, to 0. This will cause the popup to be displayed only once, and then never again, unless the web storage is deleted from the client browser (can be done e.g. with Configuration Mode).
- Fixed. Fetching the Joomla document object to early in the request cycle.
- Changed: Cookie handling for the wait time of the overlay exchanged with web storage handling. Thus a cookie is not needed anymore.
- Added: Option to turn off the message at the bottom of the overlay about the wait time.
- Fixed: Configuration mode doesn't worked correctly anymore, after deactivating it the first time.
- Add: Update server.
- Add: Detection for the popular mobile device / browser, to not show the overlay on mobile devices.