NotificationAry (NA) - get a email notification when an article or another content is added or changed
You can use the plugin to notify administrators when someone submits an article. Or/and notify users about a new published content item.
The extension has a great number of settings, so we'll try to describe several possible scenarios to use it.
- Works fully or with some limitations with Joomla core articles, K2 items, DP Calendar events, HotSpots markers, JEvents events, JDownloads items and so on. Can be setup to work with most joomla components, which use standard joomla event plugin triggers or even own plugin triggers in some cases.
- Sending of emails can be restricted by categories, article ids, user groups, particular users, actions performed (publish/unpublish) and so on.
- Notifications can be turned off in the content item. So you may edit and save the article a number of times before the final save action is performed and a notification is sent.
- Fully customizable or hardcoded (but still customizable) mail body.
- Mailbody contains links to view and/or edit the updated content item (user must be logged in to follow edit links)
- Users can unsubscribe from notifications
- Previous version of the content item can be attached to the email in several formats (DIFF, MySQL to reimport, plaintext) to compare changes and to later restore the item if needed.
- Can send emails to a large number of users in the ajax mode, so emails are sent little by little and no timeouts or limit overcome happen .
- Can have many groups of rules - notifcation rules for superadmins, separate rules for regular users, separate for different components and so on.
And so on...
Since the plugin has a number of features it has a number of settings.
Feel free to ask for support if you meet any troubles (do not understand configuration, your setting work not as expected etc.)