osTicky (osTicket Bridge)
osTicky (osTicket 1.9.4 Bridge) is Joomla 3.0 component that integrates the popular open-source "osTicket Support Desk system" into Joomla environment. It works with the osTicket V1.9.4 and later and provides complete functionality of osTicket frontend interface - users can raise tickets, view their tickets' progress, send replies, etc. Versions for osTicket 1.6 - 1.7 and 1.8 - 1.9.3 are also available.
osTicky is a fresh look at ticket support systems for web designers and programmers.
The added value of osTicky (and that is why this extension was created) is that it offers a new type of web-based service requests - "Sticky Tickets".
This type of tickets is especially useful for web designers when they have to gather feedback from clients. A client simply issues a ticket "in place" - i.e. pointing to the element he or she would like to comment or modify. osTicket staff member will get the page and location of this element already attached to the ticket and a link (in ticket alert email) to view the ticket as a sticky note, so he can start working on the suport issue without losing time in telephone calls/emails.
Main features summary:
• Seamless integration of osTicket frontend functionality into a Joomla site
• Staff members working with original osTicket administration/staff backend see the tickets exactly the same way as if they were issued using native osTicket frontend - no learning needed
• All configuration values that affect the component's behavior (creating tickets, posting messages, attaching files, etc.) are taken from original osTicket administration settings - no need to create additional configurations for osTicky
• "Create ticket" Joomla menu ítem can be configured to be locked to a specific help topic
• If a user is logged in his name and email are automatically populated into the fields on a new ticket form
• "Sticky-note" ticket mode. The information sent automatically with a new web-ticket may significantly decrease the time needed for a staff member to identify the issue, providing reliable "fingerprint" of the element associated with the ticket.
• The client (ticket's sender) can review his tickets in form of a list, ticket details with message thread and as a sticky note "in place" (on the page where the ticket was created)
• Staff member (ticket's reciever) can view a "sticky-note" ticket on the page where it was created (following the link he recieves in "New Ticket Alert" email)
osTicky (osTicket Bridge)
- Alex Polonski
- Last updated:
- Mar 18 2016
- Date added:
- Nov 19 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
Ease of use