Gallery WD is an advanced gallery extension with responsive design and layout. It allows adding different image galleries and modules to your website’s pages. It is possible to create unlimited number of galleries, which can be further added to albums. You can display the images in various views and include it as a module.
Features of Gallery WD:
• Joomla 3.x and 2.5 native extension
6 Gallery views:
• Thumbnails gallery for proportionate image display
• Masonry gallery for original image based proportion display
• Mosaic gallery for image display in an aligned mosaic gallery
• Slideshow- slides with effects
• Image Browser. Images are displayed similar to slideshow though without effects.
• Blog Style. Gallery images are displayed within chronological display
3 Album views:
• Compact Album. Album displayed with the cover images of the gallery
• Extended Album. Album displayed with the cover images of the gallery and descriptions.
• Masonry Album. Album similar to compact but opening the gallery in a mosaic view.
• 3 Modules:
• Gallery WD module
• Gallery WD Slideshow module
• Gallery WD Tag Cloud module ( for image and text tag rotation)
• Support for the following gallery file types: JPG, JPEG, PNG and GIF.
• Detailed gallery themes to make changes for different view options, including styles, colors, dimensions and much more
• Possibility to add unlimited number of images into a gallery
• Possibility of adding both a gallery and albums into albums
• Title and description possibility for the images of the gallery
• Three-section shortcode generator for easier use of gallery plugin
• Image download possibility from gallery
• Possibility to edit the generated gallery image thumbnail (Rotate, crop and flip)
• Separate Media Upload for adding images into a gallery and albums
• Possibility to specify the number of images in a row/in a page of a gallery
• Slideshow option of the gallery with various effects, as well as autoplay and shuffle capabilities, audio playback possibility
• Filmstrip display in the lightbox and slideshow views of the gallery
• Business promotion with Advertisement possibility on images in a gallery
• Watermark for image protection of the gallery
• Captcha-protection for image commenting
• Full management of image comments in the gallery
• Gallery image sharing possibility in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest)
• Possibility to resize the uploaded images
• Searching possibility within gallery based on the title
• Gallery image rating and hit counter support
• Gallery image download right-click protection
• Possibility to order gallery images in ascending and descending options
• Tag support for individual gallery images
• Option to change the gallery image thumbnail click action to a URL instead of lightbox
• Gallery title display possibility
Gallery WD FAQs
Is Gallery WD responsive?
Gallery WD is created with latest web trends coding, thus its sliders look amazingly beautiful with any kind of device, including tablets and mobile devices.
What is the difference between gallery and album?
Gallery WD uses two types of content - gallery and album. A gallery is a set of images uploaded together based on tag, type and etc. An album is a set of galleries or albums combined based on a certain characteristics.
Is there a specific image dimension that works best with Gallery WD?
There is no specific images dimension for a gallery, but it will be best if mages will not have larger file dimension of 500-700 KB and maximum 1200x1600 in size. Note that this limitation is encouraged since large gallery will cause a speed decrease of your website and gallery images will be loaded slowly as well.
How can I add images to the Gallery WD?
The images can be added to Gallery WD using its standard Media Uploader (default uploader the gallery extension). The uploader can be used both for uploading individual or multiple images (by a .zip archived file as well). To make it more convenient you can add separate image directories for each gallery. This way the image uploader will open up faster and you will have gallery images grouped.
Can I add images to Gallery WD using FTP?
Yes, you can add images to Gallery WD via FTP , however you will also need to do the following. Firstly open /images/comgallerywd/uploads folder of your website and create a new directory in it. It needs to have .original as its title (skip this step, if it already exists). Please upload images to that directory.
IMPORTANT: Since the thumbnail is not created this way, you will see broken image icon in Gallery WD file manager.
To create thumbnails for those images, please add them to your gallery, select with left checkbox and click Reset.
Can I add more than one gallery or album to an article?
There is no gallery or album limitation for any article. Using the gallery shortcodes you can add them to the same article.
How can I add or remove Social Sharing buttons in Gallery WD ?
If you want to add/remove Social Sharing button(s), go to Gallery WD > Options > Lightbox and search for the following options:
Enable Facebook button
Enable Twitter button
Enable Google+ button
Enable Pinterest button
Enable Tumblr button
You can enable/disable whichever option you desire. This action gets applied to the gallery which will be published afterwards.
If you need to remove the buttons from already published gallery, edit gallery configuration and specify the same options described above.
How can I set thumbnails from landscape to portrait view?
You can change the gallery thumbnails from landscape to portrait view by switching the values of Frontend Thumbnail Dimensions option. For this go to Gallery WD in your Components list > select Options > Thumbnail Options . If width is smaller than height, the thumbnail shall appear as portrait.
Afterwards please re-insert the shortcode of your gallery and check the thumbnail dimensions in shortcode editor as well.
How to create a multi-column gallery?
Gallery WD allows defining the number of images to include in each column, as well as number of columns. Please note that both values are absolute values. This means that regardless of the defined column numbers, if your template is not enough in width, the number of gallery image columns will be decreased to the supported area.
How to avoid blurry gallery thumbnails for the Gallery WD?
When you upload images for your gallery make sure to have a large dimension set within Image Upload settings. This way when you set up gallery thumbnails in shortcode the image thumbnails will not be blurry.
- Last updated:
Mar 02 2018
2 years ago
- Date added:
- Nov 18 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- c m p
Write a review