It's been a while since updates, but we have rebuilt and updated! We've looked at code, implementation method, support requests and much more into our new and improved version. It's been ten years and over 70,000 downloads of our free version of our plugin.
Here is what you will find in the FREE version of our Google Analytics Plugin.
Google Site Verification
Google Search Console Tools verification method. We've included the HTML meta tag verification method. This method is still the easiest verification method. However, if you're using this plugin for Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager, they too can be used to verify your site on Google Search Console.
The asynchronous (where this plugin initially started) and universal versions of Google Analytics still work but have been superseded by the Global Site Tag (gtag.js).
Our method correctly renders the tracking code into the head of your Joomla website. Obtain your tracking ID from your Google Analytics account, and input it into the parameters of the plugin configuration screen and you're good to go!
Google Tag Manager
For those that want to take things further and integrate Google Analytics along with other third-party tracking scripts such as Hotjar, Heap Analytics, HubSpot or Facebook pixel tracking, then this advance method is the way to go. Tag Manager will allow you to add and manage all the additional scripts within its interface outside of your website.
Our plugin correctly integrates the Tag Manager container ID into your Joomla website.
Obtain your container ID from Tag Manager and configure it within the plugin to start using Google Tag Manager on your Joomla website.
Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager options can be used in combination to manage different combinations of script execution.
More and more documentation! Documentation is one of the biggest requests we have had, and we've added more and will be adding more documentation on how to used our plugin and to get the most out of Google Analytics and other third-party tracking tools.
Version 5.0.1 (1 October 2020)
- fix for users that have case sensitive servers
Version 5.0.0 (7 September 2020)
- Complete rebuild using Google Site Tag method. Asynchronous and universal methods now removed as Google no longer can guarantee it will work.
- Optimised code
- Features, webmaster tools verification, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager implementations
- New update server
Version 4.6.4 FREE (29 May 2017)
- Clean up code and checked for PHP 7.1.x compatibility
Version 4.5 FREE (10 February 2015)
- Optimised code output
- Optimised the functions itself to under 100 lines of code
Version 4.5.1 (13 December 2014)
- Added enhanced in-page analytics for Universal analytics
- Code clean up a
Version 4.3 (14 September)
- Added new direct download URL and update URL for future updates.
- Allows you to install Google Analytics via the Joomla admin area
Version 4.3 (13 May 2014)
- Updated for Universal Google Analytics Display Marketing/Remarketing feature
- Added Google Analytics conversion tracking
Version 4.1 (22 March 2013)
- We have completely rewritten the plugin to work better and be more optimised for the new Universal Google Analytics.
- You now have the option of choosing between the older Asynchronous Google Analytics or using, the newer Universal Google Analytics.
- Peter Bui
- Last updated:
Oct 01 2020
6 months ago
- Date added:
- Nov 18 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
- J3 J4 Beta
Write a review