Fast and flexible plugin of an automatic thumbnail creation for images of your Joomla content.
Many Joomla! users have faced the need to output articles in a category or section blog layout, especially multi-column, with smaller pictures while retaining their original size inside the article view. It may sometimes also be necessary to include a picture of reduced size accompanied with a link to the full size image in the article view.
SmartResizer plug-in is a universal solution to those needs.
This light plug-in creates two thumbnails for an image inside an article: the first is for inclusion inside the article and the second is for a category or section blog. This makes it possible to create a small thumbnail for a category blog, section blog and front page articles, and a midsize thumbnail for the article view. The plug-in also automatically creates a link to a full-size image if the picture has the thumbnail inside the article. The plug-in can create a third large thumbnail to open as the fullsize image. Nice feature, if a site upload photos directly from the camera with a very large size.
There are some features of the plugin:
- crop or fit image to thumbnail size.
- Auto ajust size of thumbnail, if you set only width or only height of thumbnail.
- Three ways to store thumbnails: in the same folder as original image; in cache folder; in subfolder 'smart_thumbs' of original folder.
- Processing of remote images.
- Three ways to open original image: popup window, Joomla SqweezBox, Highslide effect.
- Allows to show the caption under or above the thumbnail.
- Allows to overlay watermark to images of your site
Supported image formats: JPG, PNG, GIF.
Languages: English, Russian, French, Spanish, German
Read more at Documentation URL.
- Improved compatibility with PHP 7+.
- The ability to add a watermark to images not only in the form of a picture, but also in the form of text has been added.
- Added default css layout for thumbnails of images in articles, blogs, as well as other Joomla components using the css file smartresizer.css.
- Added the ability to automatically overlay the watermark on the images of your site. A watermark (your logo, name or URL of your site, etc.) will protect your images from copying, making their copying meaningless.
- Some minor improvements of the plugin. Improved compatibility with the latest Joomla version.
- Bug fixed: Plugin hides a "Read more" link in articles blog.
- Bug fixed: slightly higher right margin of the external DIV for the thumbnail, if exposed to the "Show header images below".
- Added possible to divided a long description of the image below/above the thumbnail into a few lines.