It replaces Joomla multilingual capabilities with a different system that gives you much easier and the most useful way to manage your site translations at one single place.
Translate as easy as possible - a fresh, but mature translation manager for Joomla!
- Manage translations for any content in a single interface that shows an original and a translation at the same time
- Only translate fields that need translation and automatically reuse those that don't (e.g. images or links)
- Speed up translations by using Google translate (requires very cheap API key purchase)
- Optionally translate and associate (translation with original) items directly from the native interface (inline translations for core extensions)
- Supports all core extensions and large number of 3rd party extensions (using Joomfish content elements)
End user features
- Instant switching between languages that takes you directly to the same page in a different language
- When translation does not exist, either original item or a predefined message is shown. Optionally you can also chose to remove untranslated items from lists (list view, blog view, menus etc)
Web builder/administrator feature
- Joomfish migrator - plugin for JupgradePro to migrate JoomFish translations from Joomla 1.5. to 2.5./3.x
Important differences beween LanterFish and core Joomla multilanguage
- The biggest difference is the logic behind it - the way it works. While core Joomla multilanguage is a filtering system that requires separate item for each language and then filters content based on the language when presenting it, LanterFish is a translation system which is based on default language and its translations. While Joomla structures are totally independent, LanternFish basically uses 1 to 1 structure - by default it shows item in default language if there is no translation (there are other options available). This means that LanternFish can save you a lot of time and work as you only need to translate what is translatable and there is also no need to care about creation of separate menus and categories for each language as required by Joomla.
- You can use same alias for content, menus, categories that are in different language. Comes very handy when title/name is not translatable,e.g. when it is persons name or city etc (in Joomla you would need to have aliases like pariseng, parisfra, paris_esp etc)
We offer 14 days money back policy - if you are not satisfied we will refund your purchase, so it is really safe to try!
LanternFish is a fork of Joomfish 2.5. that was substantially bugfixed and re-written to work with Joomla 3 (including 3.8), while maintaining j2.5. compatibility.
Fix menu translation creation link
J 3.8.1 Support
Implement Joomla updater notification (notification only)
J 3.7. support and styling fixes
Add hreflang tags and fix problem with quotes in text
Joomla 3.5 compatibility
Allow same aliases for content, category or menu when languages are different.
Mutiple bugfixes. Also new versions of jUpgradePro migration plugin and joomla 3 compatible jUpragadePro-bugfixed version are available.
New in 1.3.7
Joomla 3.4. compatibility
New in 1.3.6
Huge speed improvements on sites with large number of languages, reduces database queries by 1/3
New in 1.3.5
Add support for jform fields
Add template style field to menus
New in 1.3.4
Added an option to remove untranslated menus
New in 1.3.3
Much improved "Remove untranslated items from lists" function
New in 1.3.2
Added an option to remove untranslated items from lists
New in 1.3.1
missing translations plugin
- Klas Berlic
- Last updated:
- Nov 24 2017
- Date added:
- Nov 19 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
Ease of use
Value for money