Yoti is your digital identity. A global identity platform and free consumer app that puts your ID on your phone. It’s the simplest, safest, fastest way to prove your identity online and in person.
Founded in 2014, Yoti began a mission to become the world’s trusted identity platform. We’re committed to doing things differently to other tech companies – like promising to never mine or sell your data; Yoti is designed so that we couldn’t even if we wanted to.
What Yoti can offer your site
- KYC checks by verifying the identities of your website users
- Age verification. Verify the age of users on your website and control access to age-restricted content.
- Prevents keyloggers, by not having to type usernames and passwords.Your users login securely by scanning a QR code.
- Privacy by design. We use advanced hybrid 256-bit encryption to secure your personal information.
Download the free Yoti app
What is the journey for Joomla users
- Add a Yoti button on to your site.
- Users will click the yoti button and a QR code will appear, the user will scan the QR code.
- Redirect the users to your callback URL.
For examples on how to improve your customer experience please go here: https://developers.yoti.com/yoti/user-experience-app
Step 1: Installing the component
- Log in to the admin console of your Joomla website. e.g. https://www.joomladev.com/administrator
- Navigate to Extensions -> Manage -> Install and do one of the following:
- Click Install from Web link and Search for Yoti
- Click Upload Package File and upload the downloaded zip file from this page.
- You can also Install from URL or Install from folder.
- Install and enable Yoti login module and Yoti - User profile plugin.
Step 2: Setting up your Yoti application
Onboard your organisation with Yoti by visiting the Yoti Hub here and create a Yoti application to retrieve your API keys.
Instructions on onboarding with Yoti are here.
Generating API keys instructions are here.
Step 3: Component Setup
- Navigate on Joomla to the Components -> Yoti (details in Yoti Components settings below).
- Navigate to Extensions -> Modules, search for Yoti Login module and enable it.
- Navigate to Extensions -> Plugins, search for Yoti - User Profile plugin and enable it.
If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
Once we have answered your question, we may contact you again to discuss Yoti products and services. If you’d prefer us not to do this, please let us know when you e-mail.