Yview is now part of yTools, an integrated toolsuite for content display and performance that includes SEF, extended TOCs, enhanced pagination, metadata, video, and administration enhancements. See http://www.yofiel.com/software/web/ytools for details.
yView itself is a thumbnail generator, responsive lightbox, responsive Youtube player, and metadata generator. Please see the Website for complete user documentation.
- Creates optimal, progressive JPEG thumbnails that pass Google PageSpeed and Yslow compression tests (if Imagick is available on the server, or uses GD2 if not).
- To further improve page load time, the Youtube player displays a locally-cached thumbnail image of the Youtube video on load, then creates a Flash/HTML5 video player dynamically on play. The video player uses Youtube's newest APIs, released in 2015, for optimal performance and functionality.
- Adds image microdata, page thumbnail, and OpenGraph metadata that is accepted by Google search, Bing search, Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter (separately for image and blog pages, so it can be configured to work with any other metagenerators you have).
- Optionally removes the P tags put around IMG tags by Joomla's WYSIWIG editors.
- Creates tags and attributes that pass all W3C tests.
v1.8 (11/21//2015) includes Youtube thumbnails in blog metadata, and adds support for Google's requirement that image metadata be specified for each blog article in featured pages and blog listings.
Please see the website for older release notes.
- Last updated:
- Apr 03 2016
- Date added:
- Mar 25 2015
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
This extension does NOT implement the Joomla! Update SystemDemo Support Documentation
Ease of useNot rated