mp3 Browser Fork
The mp3 Browser plugin for the Joomla CMS will create a table of every MP3 in a specified folder. It displays the ID3 information of each track with a link to download or play the file in the browser.
Long awaited updated: as of version 0.4.1 the playback defaults now to HTML5 and no longer to Flash.
Place the designated tag in any content item. The plugin will replace it with all the MP3s from that folder for playing or downloading.
Version 0.4.1 was tested with Joomla 4.0.0-alpha2 and is believed appropriate for use with Joomla versions 3 and 4.
- Create a table of MP3s in folder
- Show MP3 tag info, including cover art*
- Playback using browsers' default audio element*
- Flash playback as fallback (optional volume control*, optional other player)
- Plugin works in content, components and modules
- Smart Search indexing*
- Cover art and artist search taxonomy
- "No items to display" when appropriate*
- Rendering options for mobile*
- Mimicked pagination*
- Start at offset*
- Override configuration by authors*
- Multi-language*, Unicode support and non-default id3v1 encoding*
- Open source and gratis
- Filter files on regular expression*
- Sort options*
- Hide when empty*
- Show sub-folders*
- Anchor per MP3, used in search results*
- Option to limit download*
Improvements compared to the plugin that this fork was based upon are indicated with *