Fast and flexible plugin of an automatic thumbnail creation for images of your Joomla content.
Many Joomla! users have faced the need to output articles in a category or section blog layout, especially multi-column, with smaller pictures while retaining their original size inside the article view. It may sometimes also be necessary to include a picture of reduced size accompanied with a link to the full size image in the article view.
SmartResizer plug-in is a universal solution to those needs.
This light plug-in creates two thumbnails for an image inside an article: the first is for inclusion inside the article and the second is for a category or section blog. This makes it possible to create a small thumbnail for a category blog, section blog and front page articles, and a midsize thumbnail for the article view. The plug-in also automatically creates a link to a full-size image if the picture has the thumbnail inside the article. The plug-in can create a third large thumbnail to open as the fullsize image. Nice feature, if a site upload photos directly from the camera with a very large size.
There are some features of the plugin:
- crop or fit image to thumbnail size.
- Auto ajust size of thumbnail, if you set only width or only height of thumbnail.
- Three ways to store thumbnails: in the same folder as original image; in cache folder; in subfolder 'smart_thumbs' of original folder.
- Processing of remote images.
- Three ways to open original image: popup window, Joomla SqweezBox, Highslide effect.
- Allows to show the caption under or above the thumbnail.
- Allows to overlay watermark (image and/or text) to images of your site
Supported image formats: JPG, PNG, GIF.
Languages: English, Russian, French, Spanish, German
Read more at Documentation URL.
- Improved plugin processing of the content of other components other than comcontent. Previously, some plugin calls by other components were not processed if the short call to the plugin content JHtml::('content.prepare', $ text) was used.
- Now you can disable the opening of a full-sized image when clicking on the thumbnail image using the "No" option of the plug-in parameter "Full image display style".
- Fixed error of processing images for which relative path was set instead of full path.
- Improved compatibility with PHP 7+.
- The ability to add a watermark to images not only in the form of a picture, but also in the form of text has been added.
- Added default css layout for thumbnails of images in articles, blogs, as well as other Joomla components using the css file smartresizer.css.
- Added the ability to automatically overlay the watermark on the images of your site. A watermark (your logo, name or URL of your site, etc.) will protect your images from copying, making their copying meaningless.