Although yKhoon Content Protector Basic Edition and the Advanced Edition offer similar functionality, the Advanced Edition provides more functionality and control than the Basic Edition. For example, the Print Protection functionality of the Advanced Edition will prevent the visitor to print the content of the web site. The visitor will get blank page instead of the content of the web site. The Advanced Edition also has a functionality to prevent the visitor to use the Browser Copy function to copy the content of the web site.
1. Able to allow or forbid the content sharing on Facebook and Google+. (Advanced Edition only)
1. Block the saved web page from opening in localdisk and different domain.
2. Disable mouse right click, word/text selection/highlighting and control key combination (e.g. ctrl + c, ctrl + v, etc).
3. Give immunity to certain user.
4. Protect the article of your choice.
5. Super Administrator or Super Users is immune to all functionality of this extension.
6. Joomla! Administration (back-end) is not affected by the functionality of this extension.
7. Compatible with AJAX enable website.
8. Two fail-safe system for ensuring maximum protection for your site.
9. Determine which control key combination to be disabled.
10. Support Joomla SEF URLs.
11. Show pop-up error message when a restricted function is used.
12. Change the pop-up error message to suit your web site.
13. Able to use symbols such ' and \ in error message.
14. Compatible with Community Builder.
15. Support Integrated Product Update System for checking and download latest version of the product.
16. No restriction for the Author when the Author browsing its article. (Advanced Edition only)
17. No restriction inside the editor. (Advanced Edition only)
18. Able to disable the copy paste and word selection functionality for an article on Author request. (Advanced Edition only)
19. Able to disable the browser copy function. (Advanced Edition only)
20. Able to give immunity to certain user group such as author or editor. (Advanced Edition only)
21. Added Print Protection. (Credit to Joe from Thailand) (Advanced Edition only)
22. Able to protect the article based on components and category ID. (Advanced Edition only)
23. Able to disable browser drag functionality. (Advanced Edition only)
It _will_ provide protection against unsavvy users that would just right click, it _will not_ protect anything against someone really decided to copy your content
All in all not a bad extension to have if you want to protect some pages on a site from the most basic copying techniques, but otherwise protect the access to the content instead.
I am on Joomla 3.2.2.
After testing some other plugins, which did not work as advertised, I found the Content Protector Advanced Edition.
The cost is very reasonable and the installation was quite easy (I am newbie).
After the installation, I noticed most pages were working just fine but, my home page and some other scattered content were not protected.
A quick email was sent and they responded within 90 minutes. After granting access, the issue was resolved in a few minutes.
It is working fine with all my content plus JomSocial, Kunena, Breezingforms, Babel-U and my other components so, I am very pleased.
I recommend this component to anyone wanting to secure their site.
But spending 15$ for this kind of plugin is kinda weird.
Hi, based on your review, we think that you did not fully install the product on your site (missing some files) which cause the issue you have face. Please contact our support to help you resolve this issue.
Where do I add a sixth star???
Besides, good support and collaboration, my queries answered within 24 hours.
Worth every penny of the $15 I spent.