RSFirewall! is backed up by a team of experts that are trained to be always up to date with the latest known vulnerabilities, security updates making RSFirewall! the best choice in keeping your website safe.
* Joomla! 3.x / 2.5
* Offers a powerful protection service
* Your website will be always protected against the newest threats
* The Active scanner will track and block any intrusion attempt such as SQL injection
* You won't have to worry about security leaks once you set the website in Lock-down mode
* Don't worry about 3rd Party extensions vulnerability. RSFirewall! protects all your Joomla! website
* Allows you to scan and fix vulnerabilities (no expert knowledge needed).
* Actively scans Joomla! sensitive file and denies hacker attempts to change them.
* Filters any request, such as POST, GET, etc. and blocks SQL injection attempts
* Notifies you by e-mail or even by SMS when a certain level of Alert is generated
* Always keeps you informed about the latest security updates
* Sets the Joomla! Installation into Lockdown mode making it impossible for anyone to access your website's protected areas
* Denies administrator take-overs
* Captcha after unsuccessful admin login attempts
* Country IP blocking
Thank you for your review.
Please note that RSFirewall! does incorporate checks for uploaded files ($_FILES) as well:
Please read the "Uploads" section.
I don't tend to buy many commercial Joomla extensions but this is one that I think is well worth every penny.
The component a.) secures your installation in critical points b.) protects for hacks of insecure uploads c.) cleans your Database and temp-folders d.) a county-blocklist (even a black-white-list) e.) has an outstanding support-team (what not every paid component has...).
So an cost-free alternative without the "one-stop-solution-idea" could be "Admin Tools" by Akeeba, but without the really nice security features.
Now, there is no way I can keep up with new hacks so I tried and installed RSfirewall. Since then, zero successful attack! And I love that it runs a full security diag on the website and tells you what to change/fix. Great support also from the devs when I updated the website to Joomla 2.5. Five stars, although I wish the functionality was built-in joomla. I learned the hard way that a default joomla install it NOT secure and that there are alot of stuff to do to iron it.