RSFirewall! is backed up by a team of experts that are trained to be always up to date with the latest known vulnerabilities, security updates making RSFirewall! the best choice in keeping your website safe.
* Joomla! 3.x / 2.5 / 1.5 Native
* Offers a powerful protection service
* Your website will be always protected against the newest threats
* The Active scanner will track and block any intrusion attempt such as SQL injection
* You won't have to worry about security leaks once you set the website in Lock-down mode
* Don't worry about 3rd Party extensions vulnerability. RSFirewall! protects all your Joomla! website
* Allows you to scan and fix vulnerabilities (no expert knowledge needed).
* Actively scans Joomla! sensitive file and denies hacker attempts to change them.
* Filters any request, such as POST, GET, etc. and blocks SQL injection attempts
* Notifies you by e-mail or even by SMS when a certain level of Alert is generated
* Always keeps you informed about the latest security updates
* Sets the Joomla! Installation into Lockdown mode making it impossible for anyone to access your website's protected areas
* Denies administrator take-overs
* Captcha after unsuccessful admin login attempts
* Country IP blocking
Thank you for your review.
Please note that RSFirewall! does incorporate checks for uploaded files ($_FILES) as well:
Please read the "Uploads" section.
I don't tend to buy many commercial Joomla extensions but this is one that I think is well worth every penny.
The component a.) secures your installation in critical points b.) protects for hacks of insecure uploads c.) cleans your Database and temp-folders d.) a county-blocklist (even a black-white-list) e.) has an outstanding support-team (what not every paid component has...).
So an cost-free alternative without the "one-stop-solution-idea" could be "Admin Tools" by Akeeba, but without the really nice security features.
Now, there is no way I can keep up with new hacks so I tried and installed RSfirewall. Since then, zero successful attack! And I love that it runs a full security diag on the website and tells you what to change/fix. Great support also from the devs when I updated the website to Joomla 2.5. Five stars, although I wish the functionality was built-in joomla. I learned the hard way that a default joomla install it NOT secure and that there are alot of stuff to do to iron it.
However I would like to underline an exceptional and professional support delivered by the developers from rsjoomla.com They are awesome!
Advantages: Protection against SQL injection, PHP, LFI and XSS injections and attacks in real time.
The analyzer site for twenty-four parameters that affect the safety of Joomla. Advanced System log. Protection of the administrative area site with a password and additional safety circuits. Blocking site of the changes. Analyzer database schema. Blocking access to the settings of the RSFirewall with a password. Black list of IP addresses that are denied access to the site. Allocation of access rights to the site administrators, and administrative area to the individual components. Basic protection against DoS attacks. Filtering files uploaded to the site. Protection from scanning the site for vulnerabilities. Protection of the Administrator account of any changes.
Disadvantages: not currently found.
Very good extension for the comprehensive protection of the site. Translated in the Russian language.
Support - very good. Questions decide quickly.
I use to protect the personal blog of weekly attacks.
Engaged in web technologies since March 2007. Use Joomla since December 2009.