This module displays random images from a chosen directory.
The random images can be displayed in a so-called Lightbox view (Shadowbox, Slimbox or Milkbox). Other images from the specified folder can be displayed in this view as a gallery.
Highlights of the module are the storage of thumbnails, reading from all subfolders of the specified directory and the lightbox view of the images.
* Specify types of images - several types of images (e.g. jpg, png, gif) are possible.
* Preview images can be generated and stored. They will be loaded next time faster and have a better quality.
* All subdirectories of the specified folder can be read in - so you can display the images from other folders as well.
* The size of the thumbnails can be set in dependence of aspect ratios.
* A caption and the image name can be displayed under the images.
* Image information from a text file
* Individual link each image
* The displayed image can be supplied with a link.
* The remaining images in the specified folder (with subfolders if necessary) can be displayed as a gallery in the JS view. These images can also be sorted randomly.
* Image Rotator - show a simple slideshow
* Language English / German / Italian
This is a further development of RIM: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-a-images/images-rotators/5453
Joomla! 3.x - http://joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/downloads/rie-random-image-extended/joomla-3
Joomla! 2.5 - http://joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/downloads/rie-random-image-extended/joomla-25
The extension is completely free, but you need a subscription for support:
My only issue is the inclusion of !important styling targeting the containing div. It looks like the style was included if none of the JS views were used. Its placement made it impossible to override...I ended up editing commenting lines 231-233 in helper.php to get rid of it.
Thank you for your suggestion and the review, ADG_Steve!
RIE is a well written and optimized on speed module. In my tests with a large amount of big images (over 100) the whole execution took only some hundred milliseconds, so it is not true what you say. Maybe you need to change the server or the hosting company where your site is hosted?
By the way: why don't you ask for support first instead of writing reviews with little truth in it?
My only wish for the next version: the possibility to have the first (most important) image not at random.
Thank you for your feature request and the rating!