* choose from six customizable transition types: fade, zoom, pan, Ken Burns effect, push, wipe
* attach captions to images with multilingual support using a labels file with fall-back to a default caption
* link each image to an arbitrary location
* order images according to filename or last modified time, shuffle images each time the page is shown, or specify custom order
* display horizontal or vertical navigation bar with small thumbnail images that allow for fast navigation
* set most important styles in the administration back-end
* Joomla 2.5 or later (including Joomla 3.x)
* Joomla 1.5.19 or later with MooTools Upgrade system plug-in enabled and PHP 5.2 or later
Although i could do what i wanted there is one thing more. that is a 'Share on social networks' button so that visitors can share my pictures.
Support for the product is also great. I had a problem with the upgrade from Joomla 1.7 to 2.5, with the slideshow not showing. The developer, responded straight away and then debugged the pages. Turned out to be a problem with GoogleAJAXLib plugin which was set to use MooTools 1.3.0 (OK with Joomla 1.7) but does not work with Joomla 2.5 (needs 1.4.x). Changed the version of MooTools in GoogleAJAXLib, and ShowPlus now working perfectly again.
Brilliant support - thanks very much. Great product - download it!
In using the program, it was up and running in minutes. However, after some adjusting for my needs, I found a little bug. I emailed Levente and he responded quickly. Within a day of hearing what the issue was, he emailed me a fix. Unbelievable customer support!
The only con I see is that it takes a while for my images to load, so the computer needs to wait till it loads before showing anything. I don't know if that is something that can be programed to fix, or if that is just a bandwidth thing. Either way I love this program.
Thank you for a wonderful app!
No use of Flash
Ready files from a folder
Needed to be best at fading effects without looking glitchie
Had a preference for Mooltools (which this uses), but jQuery would have been ok
I really appreciate that this one is non-commercial, not just for the cost, but the commercial ones tend to be overkill on features and complexity. This one is "just right"
Developers: Thank you! You are appreciated.