Showtags is a Joomla content plugin to show article tags in category or article views. Plugin is based on article meta-keywords.
* Show tags before and/or after articles
* Parent tag selectable div/nav
* Format tags in unordered list / wordlist
* Show tags in category, featured or article view
* You can add a custom CSS selector to customize it
* Languages: English, Spanish and German (thanks to Johannes Hock | @adhocgraFX !). Other languages are welcome :-)
* Category filter: Show tags only in articles of specified categories
* Can generate an $article->showtags field instead of showing tags to customize content tpl
* It's compatible with Aixeena Taxonomy System (as a replace of the "Content - Tags" plugin)
* Joomla! 3.0 compatible
Install / Configuration:
- Download Zip file
- Install it through Joomla Extension Manager
- Go to Extensions > Plug-in manager and search a plugin called "Content - Showtags". Click it to enable / configure the plugin.
Author & License:
Showtags was developed by Roberto Segura and is licensed under GNU/GPL 2, http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
You can find me at:
So while it is nice to show - here comes a more accurate definition- "extracted metakeywords with hyperlinks which points to basic search page after article" and it might be advertise using the search among viewers however tags should show the articles what the publisher want to show in each tag and not what the search want to offer (since there might be a name in an article but the article is nothing about him)
But it might be enough and useful for other site developers. These are just my personal thoughts on this plugin.
And I'm very thankful for sharing your work in the joomla extension directory. Keep up the good work.
So this plugin would be the best if:
-it could copy the metakeywords to the joomla tags
-by clicking on tags it could show all the articles with optional picture and lead in a simple list
-also with a tag manager (or just use the basic joomla one)
Its free opensource and hosted on github (extra +).
The maintainer has created an easy to follow "documentation". Both for "users" and "advanced users"
- K -
Thanks for your review kbotnen!
I didn't translated the keywords field. It's a native Joomla! field. If you read the extension description:
"Showtags is a Joomla content plugin to show article tags in category or article views. Plugin is based on article meta-keywords"
This extension uses article meta-keywords as tags. I understand that can be something confused if you are not familiarized with Joomla!.
I'm sure that your comment will avoid the same confusion to others. I'll include this into the documentation.
Thank you for your time reviewing/giving feedback.
Does what is says
Roberto was very kindly and quickly answered my question. And I was able to customize the plugin
After your suggestion I decided to write some documentation about extension customization.
Thanks for your review and your feedback!
Thank you for sharing your example application and for submitting the german translation. I really appreciate it!