- This extension has additional addons listed in an extension specific category.
- This extension contains back links to authors. Such links appear in page footers or meta tag fields of pages, where it is used.
* generate SEF URLs
* advanced SEF URL management
* generate and manage metadata (component - based)
* can override default metadada generated by component or Joomla (title, meta tags)
* keywords management
* duplicates management
* 3rd level domain support
* support for other components through extension modules; each component extenstion has own configurable parameters
* multilinguality support (JoomFish) and URL localization
* UTF-8 URLs support
* URL caching
* URL source tracing to help allocate problematic code
* 301 Redirections management
* 404 Page Not Found customization
* online upgrades and extension installations
Support for many Joomla components: AdsManager, AlphaContent, Contacts XTD, Community Builder, Datso Gallery, DocMan, EZ Realty, Fireboard forum, Glossary, iJoomla Components, JE Comparison Charts, JEvents, Jomres, Joomlaboard, JoomFish, Joomla Tags, Jomres (Joomla Residents), Portfol, Seyret Video Component, SMF Bridge, SOBI2, Marketplace, Mosets Hot Property, Mosets Tree, ReMOSitory, RSGallery2, VirtueMart, Zoom Media Gallery. ...
at the moment, there is more than 100 extensions available directly from ARTIO - see http://www.artio.net/en/joomsef/artio-joomsef-extensions for complete list, plus many more from 3rd party developers.
I have been waiting a few days for support but it was worth it.. Developers have changed sobi2 SEF extension to suit my needs, solved my CM issues and I was I was also instructed how to change server resorces when site map had issues. I am using this component on multiple sites and if upgraded it does what it says.
You go to the component, you see the 'real' URLS, you see what the 'SEF' URLS, and you just change it to what you want. Brilliant!
And being able to edit keywords and descriptions for all pages, without going to each page and doing so, is the icing on the cake.
LOVE this extension.
- very configurable, lots of options.
- lots of additional plugin for popular Joomla component
- nice and quick support (forrum and mail contact
- frequent updates
Inconvenience : you must work some hours to understand how clearly the component run but support can help you.
If it is well configured, the extension works fine. The configuration could be laid out a bit more clearly.
In older versions it produced sometimes a lot of nonsense-urls without a reproducible reason. This became much better in versions 3 and 4. But maybe it's a configurational problem.
Creating a extensions plugin for your own extensions is quite easy and works fine.
I recommend JoomSEF for all who have to manage a lot of site URLs.
Also, this component generates huges amount of data in DB so my server getting slower and slower (when i have uninstall this component my site was multiple time faster)
Its not good to advice me that i have use better server if the problem is in component.
Also, if you use this component and after month-two realize that is very poor your links will be invalid and google search would not bring visitors.
I would NOT recommend this componenet to anybody,
thanks for your feedback. Anyway, I disagree:
1. well, the backlink info in free version is generally known, so I believe that should not be a reason to complain
2. many links + speed - there really is no problem in the component, partly, this is because of the principle how the component works - it has to store the links to DB to be able to support "any" SEF URL links; sencondly, problems may be connected with improper configuration in relation to 3rd party components -- if the component is not supported, you may need to disable JoomSEF for it in order to prevent generating too many links
3. I do not see a smallest reason, why the generated links should be invalid to Google; we are ourselves using the same component at our website for about 7 years now and really have no problems
It has import/export of URLs, ease of use url manger, every option that you can imagine and supports many 3rd party extensions. I use this sef component from about 2 years.
The only con is that is little heavy for some of the host providers
This extension is definitely useless, at least in its free version. Ok, it's able to create sef urls for the Joomla articles, but the Joomla built in sef engine does exactly the same, if not better!
When it comes to make sef urls for Virtuemart, you will discover that this brilliant product will simply ruin your site. ALL the urls generated for Virtuemart,products, categories, whatever just point to the same unique url.
If you look deeper into the settings, you eventually find that you can disable their crippled sef handling for Virtuemart and use the default Joomla router.
So this is what you get. A sef engine that does nothing but adds a back link to all of your pages...
I don't want to bash their business model. They handle it the way they like after all.
But I simply don't understand the point in pretending to distribute a free extension, when it actually does nothing. It does not even tease you to purchase the commercial version. It just irritates you because you lost precious time installing (I would recommend on a test server), discovering it does nothing useful and then uninstalling it.
IMHO this is a product to avoid. Sorry but there are much better extensions available here.
Well, if you would read some of info at our website (or in FAQs or Documentation), you could learn that you need an add-on extension to support more complex extension such as VirtueMart. Maybe, it would be simply better to get some info before writing a review.