* All plugins are customizable: account, category to post for, link position, post for modified articles, textusage for message, hashtags, usage of metakey information and more.
* Works with most SEF extensions. Tested with: sh404sef, JoomSEF, AceSEF and - of course - Joomla! embedded SEF support.
* Automatic message resending
* AutoTweet NG posts also later published or republished articles.
* AutoTweet NG comes with message management and resend policies.
* AutoTweet NG supports articles with present publish date.
* Manual approval feature
* Multichannel architecture: You can post to multiple Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and others.
* Support for multi language sites.
* Support for direct messages
* Create your own Facebook App
*** Rule Engine ***
The rule engine is a great way to consolidate, automate, and organize your social channels. You can define rules according the following concepts:
- Category is/not included
- ONE/ALL/NONE of the terms
- ONE/ALL/NONE of the word terms
- Author (creator or editor) is/not included
- Catches all
- Match to a regular expression
- Language (*, en-GB, etc) is/not included
- Access Levels (Public, Registered, etc) is/not included
*** Restrictions/Limitations of the free version **
- Channels are limited to 2 channels. So you can create 2 channles only.
- No support for Yourls, or other shorteners. Only Tinyurl is supported.
- No cronjob support.
- Only the Content-Extension plugin is available for free (All other plugins are included in the Pro subscription).
- Support is provided for free
Supported Article Generators: Feed Gator,Article-Generator, Pressetext4Joomla, RSS2Content,4RSS,All articles added via RSS or XML-RPC
*** Supported Extensions via 3rd party Support ***
- SermonSpeaker - NEW!
Version 6.4.5 - Stable - 14th May 2013
- Content Plugin now supports article Intro and Full images
- New System Check for server versions compliance
- Logging optimization
- Image min-max parameter in configuration
- Ruletype filter and contextual help
- New Btn-Group for Joomla 3 visual style
*** Version 6.4.4 - Stable - 21th March 2013
- FIX: Twitter "Read-Only" Token Validation on API 1.1
- FIX: New Twitter Limits (Tweets < 140 chars)
- Feature: Name Tags for JomSocial Plugins
- Feature: New "Cancelled" status for Rules
- Feature: Reviewed and optimized Router
- Improvement: access level rules
- Improvement: better pic.twitter cleaning process, and minimum width size.
- Updated FOF Library v2.0.3
But once you do it (and on site there are helpful instructions), you will get powerful solution for automatic or manual posting your articles to FB, Twitter and more if you want.
Very configurable filters, image posting, direct posting, native SEF support, new/modified/old articles posting, works with self signed ssl.
Very helpful support at forum as well.
Thank you very much, we appreciate your words!
PD: Check in the next week the update to post Tweets with images ;-)
Thank you for your feedback!
Now, we are improving the Beta 1 for Joomla 3 and updating the documentation.
Keep it touch ;-)
We recommend to upgrade ASAP to the latest Joomla and AutoTweetNG stable versions.
Not only Joomla is upgrading, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn have updated their APIs.
1st-movers.com, the original author site is not longer in the air, and the old versions can't authorize directly the channels.
To make the old version work:
1. Install AutoTweetNG v4.12 or AutoTweetNG v5.10 in your site.
2. Create a testing site with Joomla 2.5, install and configure AutoTweetNG latest version (right now v6.3.3). (Check the online tutorial)
3. Copy the Authorization Tokens to the previous AutoTweetNG version.
In any case, please visit the documentation area or post a ticket.
Thank you very much for your feedback, we really appreciate your words!
Right now, we are working to launch the new Joomla 3 version!
Last week I upgraded to version 6.3.3.: had an issue, only the link appeared on the tweet, no text whatsoever. Asked for assistance. reponse within a day with to the point solution. And the extension works like a charm again. Now I am thinking of trying the auto version to post on facebook. will keep you posted on my experience.
One thing though: it seems that they knew that installing over the old version could lead to issues, so a clean re-install was advised when I mentioned the above issue; would be a good idea to have this mentioned in the instruction (at least I missed that part in the instruction), but hey it is free and with the support they gave: absolutely excellent! Thanks guys.
Thank you for your review!
I contacted authors yesterday and thay answered me in 10 minutes. So, technical support is excellent too.
Thanks guys. You helped me alot and solved my problem.
Thank you for your great review!
While activating the facebook app with version 5.10 I got this message: "On the first of December, this service will be disabled and you need the new AutoTweet release by Prieco to continue the work. Please upgrade soon as possible.". The currently available upgrade (v6) is a commercial one. So, I'm confused and don't know if the extension will stop to work in a few days.
You are right! And, we are very late updating the free version.
We've just finished moving the old site.
I hope this week we have time to update the free version to v6.3.
I'm sorry for the confussion, and we are definitely continuing the free version ;-)
As we have to reduce the work for every new release, we've merged all versions in one single code base. So, new features are coming!
Stay tuned ;-)
Right now, we are working to publish a whole new AutoTweetFree v6.0.
We are going unify the code base, so this version is going to have the same basic features.
We plan to launch the next version in a couple of weeks.
Thank you for your feedback!
But... why can't I have a "share" button when my automatic publications are inserted on Facebook?
Thx for the review.
The missing share button is a known bug in the Facebook API.
thx for the review. Maybe there was a problem with the site yesterday but I can't find an error in the logs.
Please try again.
for example - when I add new article it would be more professional if it's posted on my fan page as fan page itself and not like I'm sending a link to with my private profile to my fan page.
I guess this is possible and hopefully you'll make it in next version.
Hi and thank you for the great review!
Of course you can post to a page as the page itself. To do this you must use the page token together with the page id. If you post as the user, you have used the users token...
Within 5min I installed this pretty extension. Very easy to setup and use once you find your Facebook ID and Access Token within the FB App (it's all on one page within the app page).
Some nice rules in the backend in order to adjust the status message being displayed. Works as needed.
Highly recommend the free version and pro if you need more then FB and Twitter. Nice job so far...
Easy to install, easy to set up, works as described.
One suggestion, though: would be nice to have an option to choose the URL-shortener (or even no shortening for Facebook).
therweise great, highly recommended.